Thankfully its Friday!!!!

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

John Smith
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Sun 12 Mar 2006 2:03 am

Do I take it that you've got a new job then Jay? Is it in London or Manchester?
John

Prue B
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Prue B » Sun 12 Mar 2006 6:52 am

My son won second prize in the fishing comp raffle.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 12 Mar 2006 9:04 am

Well done Pru's son! :D

Does he know that people all over the world are sharing his joy? Tell him that an old man in Scotland who looked out on deep snow drifts through which he was going to have to trudge to Church, smiled when he learned of a boy's success!

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Prue B
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Prue B » Mon 13 Mar 2006 7:32 am

He won a camping package, now he wants to go camping. lol

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Mon 13 Mar 2006 9:33 am

No, have a bit of a mix in term of location, I live between London, Cheshire and Manchester. But now I am commited to London for the next 12 months; thus shall rent my place out in Manchester so needed to empty it and clean it.....and then had to go through the painful task of meeting numerous estate agents on Friday!....Jeeeeez now that is painful! why do they all pretend to know you for years and be your best friend!?!?

To make matters worse, past few days I have had the flu!...so last nite , thinking im the tuff guy!, i took about 35ml of Night Nurse!....What a mistake! Alarm went off at 4am and putting it to snooze, realised that it was now 6:30 am!!!! Jeeez I dont think Ive jumped out my bed so fast!
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Mon 13 Mar 2006 9:48 am

Jay

Manchester is yet another of my favourite cities! To be honest, I have always found it hard to be fondof London (maybe because of the circumstances in which i have experienced it ... train to Kings Cross or Jet to Heathrow, tube to the city or Bloomsbury, trudge with the walking dead to the University or the office and, at the end of the working day back again.

When my children were little my daughter once asked if she would be able to go with me sometime when I had to visit London. I agreed to think about it next time I had business in the capital.

Something needed my signature one Friday and my daughter piped up "Remember, you promised!" Actually no promise had been made, but we thought that this might be an opportunity for the children to see London, so we agreed.

We flew down on the Friday morning, took the tube to Russell Square, checked into our hotel and I walked round to the URC office to sign the papers.

We spent the rest of that day podging about Bloomsbury, The British Museum and the River.

Next day we took the tube to Green Park. We walked through the park to Buckingham Palace, watched them change the guard then we walked down the Mall and cut through the park to Westminster. We visited the Abbey, and began the walk up towards Hyde Park Corner.

As we went we passed the back wall of Buckingham Palace, New Scotland Yard, etc. I think we had passed victoria when my son put his hand to his head and stopped in the middle of the pavement. He was wearing a little 'police helmet' that he had insisted on buying in a souvenir shop. He was looking up and was obviously overwhelmed by something he had seen.

"I don't believe it!" Clearly he was greatly impressed. "That's two McDonald's Hamburger Shops I have seen in this town."

He is not as easily impressed now as he was then :D

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”