Thankfully its Friday!!!!

This is the place where forum members can chat about anything they want - sport, hobbies etc. Anything except Keratoconus issues.

Moderator: John Smith

Dipesh
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Thankfully its Friday!!!!

Postby Dipesh » Fri 10 Mar 2006 10:18 am

Am so glad its Friday......work has been a hard graft this week.

Is anyone upto anything interesting???
I have a weekend of Packing in preparation for moving out into our own flat.

Knight
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Knight » Fri 10 Mar 2006 11:02 am

Yeah me too, real tough week and today I got some disappointing news over something I had planned but oh well, no biggy ... but I got another letter asking me to send in my new manuscript so I'm not totally depressed. I don't really have anything planned now because I got to edit and rewrite part of my novel ... meh... can be boring to get started but once I do I become a hermit for many hours. I want by Sunday evening to have it completed, so I can proof read the whole thing by Tuesday but being my own worst critic probably not the best option, althou as long as there's no spelling mistakes then I can start my newer story in a couple of weeks.
BUT, next weekend (St. Pratick's Day yay!) I am going away to the coast for a few days, air out my head. I can literarily stand on a cliff and look very much wind-swept and interesting with my sunglasses on in the rain, within a 20seconds amble of our home there, a dense little wood lives and it's been about a year since I was there last so looking forward to seeing whats new - always reminds me of Bob Ross, anyone remember him from the Discovery channel mad as can be but could paint very well happy little trees cracked me up - it'll probably be cold too, but its nice like that, cozy - might be difficult leaving my trusted laptop behind, but with a couple of friends and a few bottles of chianti ... should be fun, and the open-fire pub about 4mins walk away will no doubt be packed with tourists... any excuse to get drunk heh... hic...
Only those with KC know the hidden beauty of a Christmas Tree.

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Fri 10 Mar 2006 12:42 pm

Will be glad when today is over, had a weid conversation with outr customer services. All I wanted to know was who to sepak to in the distribution centre! I now know the young ladies chest size, favourite drinks and which get her the most drunk :shock:

I never asked these things.

Tracked my shipment, it went to the wrong place in Holland, thanfully it was not opened to see the white poder inside. Legal I might add.

Purchasing have not order some important stuff I need for Monday, they say they have to get my stuff from a third part which is bizzre as there is only one supplier in the world :?

Too late to go down the pub, the air is too dry and there is no wine at home :(

Hopefully everyone else is having a better day?
Gareth

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Fri 10 Mar 2006 2:05 pm

The weekend is a busy time for some of us :D

A
Andrew MacLean

Prue B
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Prue B » Fri 10 Mar 2006 10:04 pm

It is a long weekend here, and I had a really horrid day yesterday. I am running a raffle for a group I am involved in and local charities and organisations sell tickets and get half proceeds. It is drawn on Sunday so I have had heaps of people dropping off money.
Also I work in retail and we sold 3 wood heaters and 4 spas yesterday, that is a massive day for us, and a big bbq.
Today I am going to a wedding in Ballarat, it is 2 hours for here work this morning then drop kids of at sitters then drive.
Then to top it all off it is a hot weekend and my hubby is on firecall for bushfires. They are having a plane up spotting all day Sunday after 3 major bushfires in the region over summer, they are being cautious.

Dipesh
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Dipesh » Sat 11 Mar 2006 5:54 pm

can you ubelieve that instead of packing stuff, we went shopping in Ikea. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 11 Mar 2006 6:19 pm

Dipesh

Any excuse to avoid packing eh? A trip to Ikea serves as a pretty good excuse, I reckon. anywah it'll mean that next time you move there will be more to pack.

For my part, and we tend to move rather often, I never pack anything. the men come with their crates and chests, They pack, they lift and we unpack.

All means that we get to where we are going with nothing broken.

Hope you are moving to somewhere nice. :)

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Sat 11 Mar 2006 8:36 pm

So far weekend has gone OK,

Most of the housework done, all my parts manuals, workshop manuals, sales brochures are now scanned in electronically (50 hours work done in 30 minutes slots!), just the handbooks to go.

Exhaust manifold and starter heatshield painted, might take the old classic out the garage :D
Gareth

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Sat 11 Mar 2006 9:00 pm

Well my weekend has been driving and moving!

Driving to manchester and back to empty an apartment !...all in all did 700 miles in 24 hours and I now know the meaning of being extremely tired!!!!

Got Sunday to go through!!
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 11 Mar 2006 10:01 pm

Jay

You moving to Manchester?

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “Non-KC Chit-Chat”