Hurting :(

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Hurting :(

Postby Sweet » Thu 09 Feb 2006 6:57 am

Not a happy bunny :( Had to call in sick today with work as i can't tolerate this lens today. Have only had it in for 30 minutes and am in so much pain. I think i know why having had to overwear my soft lens due to them only giving me three and i managed to break one :(

I phoned Moorfields a few days ago and they are sending me a new one just thinking that i need to take this one out and wait for it as i know what happened last time when i didn't pay enough attention to my eye hurting.

Just totally pixxed and while i don't like swearing and don't here this one is needed as i did want to not have any sick leave this year and now look what has happened :cry: It's not fair how we always have to stress and worry about lenses and i have to plan around twelve hour shifts. My eye doesn't like me today but sadly i don't like it much either :cry:

Sweet
Sweet X x X

John Smith
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Thu 09 Feb 2006 9:12 am

That's a big shame. I'm sure you're doing the right thing by leaving the lens out. At least you've pre-empted it all by getting a new lens on order already! :)

Is the pain a sore feeling, or is it acute - I'm hoping you've not lost any more stitches :(

Hope you're a happier bunny (pink and fluffy of course :D) and you're in less pain really soon.

Think of the Sunday lunch. Not long now! Call me if you need to talk.
John

Paul Morgan
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Paul Morgan » Thu 09 Feb 2006 9:36 am

Sweet.....relax.

I am firmly of the opinion that most of us with KC are a stoical lot.

I think we put up with all sorts of pain and discomfort, fear, worry and stress without complaint (well apart from on here) and take very little time off really purely because of KC. We probably 'deserve' a lot more.

I'm sitting here this morning struggling a bit with my lenses, in a little discomfort but not too bad really, looking across at the empty desks of colleagues who are off with nothing very much really...one is off with stress, apparently she's lost her cat :x :x ....so if you are struggling with your eyes because of your KC, hey chill out, put on some soothing music, take a bath and relax the pain away!

Take it easy...oh and try not to think about Scotland on Saturday :D :shock: :D :shock: :D

By the way, sorry I shan't be there on Sunday (my two little girls need me more than you lot :D ), but I shall be thinking of you all downing the beer. Any chance some photos could be taken and made available on line...I'd love to know what you all look like 8) .

Louise Pembroke
Champion
Champion

Postby Louise Pembroke » Thu 09 Feb 2006 9:37 am

Sweet really sorry this is so c**p and frustrating. I scream at my lens when it's causing me pain a la John Cleese 'Faulty Towers' style, it relieves a bit of stress and I don't care if the neighbours think I'm killing someone. Work will have to deal with it, this is beyond your control. 12 hour shifts mustbe difficult lens wise especially night shifts. Try and do something nice for yourself today.
Director of Sci-Fi and Silliness and FRCC [Fellow of the Royal College of Cake]

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Thu 09 Feb 2006 9:52 am

Sweet

Are you wearing a lens on the grafted eye?!

J
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Louise Pembroke
Champion
Champion

Postby Louise Pembroke » Thu 09 Feb 2006 9:59 am

Paul do you want a cyborg or human picture?! Actually I don't know how to put pictures on this [sad technophobe]

Sweet
Committee
Committee

Postby Sweet » Thu 09 Feb 2006 10:43 am

No i'm not wearing a lens on the grafted eye. I did try my RGP for a few minutes without the soft one underneath but was in so much pain i took it out. It's a sore pain as in my lens saying 'you've gone and left me in too long you know!' :wink:

I know why i can't wear them right now, i overdid it on wearing time. I worked three long days and then went straight out to the doctors leaving party which made my wear time about seventeen hours. I only had about four hours sleep for the two nights before and as i obviously needed to get home from the party i left them in to see. They were killing me then but without them i would still be wandering around East London trying to find my way home not being able to find a night bus!

I did then leave them out for a day but maybe that wasn't enough and should take today and tomorrow off and be lens free.

Wasn't impressed that i talked to a senior on the phone that i hadn't talked to before and had to explain at 7am whilst in pain why i couldn't wear glasses, ggrrr some communication amongst senior staff would really help sometimes.

At least in my own team i am not asked stupid questions anymore! She did say she had wished i could have phoned in sick earlier and i'm saying yea and i have played around for the last 30 minutes desperately trying not to have to phone in sick this year and hoping that the lens would settle down. She left me alone after that and said not to worry about it, so maybe i sounded like i was going to cry, who knows.

Anyway am bored and wondering what to do. Loads of studying i could be doing but dam i can't read the books! You know i think i need to get some pinholes but having tried tham they give me a terrible headache and i'm supposed to be resting this eye not exercising it!

Thanks for the support, Sweet
Sweet X x X

Louise Pembroke
Champion
Champion

Postby Louise Pembroke » Thu 09 Feb 2006 10:50 am

How could you have rung earlier stupid woman! You didn't know it was going to be that painful until you put them in. Some people....
Can you shop without your lens? Or go for a treat like a massage or whatever you like.

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby GarethB » Thu 09 Feb 2006 11:04 am

Sweet,

Emailed you something with a reference to pink that may cheer you up :D :oops:
Gareth

Sweet
Committee
Committee

Postby Sweet » Thu 09 Feb 2006 11:11 am

LMAO!!! :lol:

You know i sat here for a minute wondering whether to download it as i didn't recognise the name but when i opened the mail it had a pink reference so i thought it had to be someone from here!! :lol: Then i come here and see your post!! LMAO!!!

Scots have to have the last laugh!!! :wink: It was dam funny and cheered me up no end!!! Coldplay are definately helping as well and i'm going to wear their new album out at this rate!!!

Thanks, Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

Return to “General Discussion Forum”