Hurting :(

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Anne B
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Anne B » Thu 09 Feb 2006 7:06 pm

On the subject of pink and girly things. My four year old daughter is like a magpie to anything girly.On sunday we were in a church for a photo session(they are doing a panto) and my daughter was playing really happily.When i got home put her to bed and hung her jeans up for the next day. when i got her dressed in the morning her pockets were full of ribbons which she had removed from all of the bibles!!! She thought they would look nice in her hair!! I have returned the ribbons under the cover of darkness.
My children are going to have a big shock when i get my eyes sorted and i can see what they are up to.

Sweet , hope you are feeling happier and that the pain has improved.

Anne

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Thu 09 Feb 2006 10:03 pm

At the risk of seeming the ultimate sad act, let me confess that we have a Shaun, too. He was a character in one of the Wallace and Gromit films :D

The original probably got lost in the big warehouse fire. :cry:

Still Shaun isn't pink, and I used him to make a point one Sunday about the good shepherd, so I've got an excuse.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Thu 09 Feb 2006 10:05 pm

Anne

I love that story! For years, when I had my lenses out, my children ust had to stand still and I was not able to find them. They could be right in front of me, but so long as they stayed still, they knew they were invisible.

Swiping bookmarks from bibles would have been child's play

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Fri 10 Feb 2006 12:17 am

Hehe yea i love Wallace and Gromit too and the name Shaun is from there! It was sad the warehouse fire as everything was lost and i'm sure that many working there were totally devastated but it.

Hehe Shaun isn't pink but i love him just the way he is! :lol:

Sweet and Shaun X x X
Sweet X x X

John Smith

Postby John Smith » Fri 10 Feb 2006 1:31 am

Does that mean that you won't be having roast lamb on Sunday? :lol:
John

John Smith

Postby John Smith » Fri 10 Feb 2006 2:00 am

Dragging this thread back on-topic...
Sweet wrote:...but was in so much pain i took it out. It's a sore pain as in my lens saying 'you've gone and left me in too long you know!' :wink:

I know why i can't wear them right now, i overdid it on wearing time.
This really is a classic case of a Bad Eye Day. See this article from our clinician's contributions section which explains the situation very well indeed.

BTW, I'm not posting this to tell Sweet off (she knows what she did wrong :lol:) but as a precautionary tail for others.
John

Sweet
Committee
Committee

Postby Sweet » Fri 10 Feb 2006 9:46 am

Hehe no i will be around, and even if i can't see since when has that stopped me?!! Didn't wear my lens yesterday and as i am off sick again today am planning on doing the same. I think as well as overwear though it does have something to do with my soft lens as they are monthly and i have now been wearing this one for seven weeks as i don't have anymore.

When i put it in my vision is slightly blurry which doesn't happen with a new lens. and as i know that soft lenses are more of an infection risk i'm just waiting for Moorfields to send me some new ones!

They are very evasive about this, not sure if anyone else had the same trouble. When i am there for an appointment they give me three to last three months. The problem is you are lucky enough to get an appointment in those three months and if you accidently break or lose one like i did then you're lost! I asked them last time to have another one just in case but was told they can't sell them and don't give out any extras. So now what i knew would happen did and i'm paying for it. So yes i did overwear lenses and i had to overwear a monthly soft one due to politics. :roll:

On Johns suggestion though i phoned the eye clinic and they are sending me some. :) They were more helpful than the optometrist i saw!!

Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

John Smith

Postby John Smith » Fri 10 Feb 2006 4:08 pm

Glad you're finally getting somewhere with your lenses.:D

As a thought, it may be worthwhile noting all of your fitting details (diameter etc.) and ordering additional lenses over the net as suggested by JaiBoi.

I would imagine that you just need to order the same manufacturer's base lens - has your "cushioning" soft lens got any power to it, or is all the power in the RGP on top?
John

Sweet
Committee
Committee

Postby Sweet » Fri 10 Feb 2006 4:45 pm

Ok phoned Moorfields today and they haven't sent any lenses as they were waiting for my notes to arrive! Grrrr they always lose my noted, every visit i make they spend ages looking for them, it's like with a name like sweet how can you lose them!!! :roll: I only know one more sweet in London and it's my twin sister!!! :wink:

I do have my lens diameter etc so gave it over the phone and said i would go and pick some up. There is no power in it, it just acts as a 'cushion' for my RGP to sit on.

Just come back and they have very nicely given me two boxes which makes six lenses! Whether they thought i used them in both eyes i'm not sure but i didn't complain as this is six months supply, or rather in my case being very blonde and pink it's more like four months allowing two for loss and breakage!!!

I was thinking of getting them online but having priced them i didn't think it was worth it as Moorfields give them to me for free. I just need to chase them to get some but it's worth it in the long run!

Will leave them out today though as i think my eye needs a break and will start again tomorrow. This means that i will hopefully be able to see on Sunday so will be able to find you all and order ok!!

Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

Return to “General Discussion Forum”