carrots walk

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

james mckinlay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

carrots walk

Postby james mckinlay » Tue 08 Oct 2013 6:48 pm

hi all well i managed to complete the walk in glasgow i walked the 15 miles route. it was really enjoyable and surprisingly easy considering i had not trained. the main challenge i had was using my white stick as there were a lot of holes some of the paths. i was doing well upto the final checkpoint when i went over on my ankle sl;ightly and i thought i had just sprained it a bit so i walked on and finished the last 5 miles. but turns out i have damaged the ligaments and tendons in my ankle and foot. so im out of exercise for a few months. but i will do the walk again next year. i am still able to collect money for a bit yet. but i would like to thank everyone that has kindly sponsored me so far. i appreciate it so much and it made me complete the walk. the link if anyone woul;d like to sponsor me online is http://uk.virginmoneygiving.com/jamesmckinlay

also if anyone would like to send a cheque instead of a online donation please PM me and I'll give you my address. please make them out to fight for sight.

thankyou all again

james
anyways all you KC people get out there and try things you are scared to do it will amaze you the impact it has on your self esteem and confidence.

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Vision: Other

Re: carrots walk

Postby space_cadet » Wed 09 Oct 2013 1:24 pm

please dont post your address on a public forum, younever know who could see it x
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

james mckinlay
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Re: carrots walk

Postby james mckinlay » Wed 09 Oct 2013 5:25 pm

Oops I forgot about that
anyways all you KC people get out there and try things you are scared to do it will amaze you the impact it has on your self esteem and confidence.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”