Day Light in the way!....

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Day Light in the way!....

Postby jayboi2005 » Thu 19 Jan 2006 11:23 am

Hello Jay here
there is one thing i find more and more each day. And thats the daylight gets in the way. Its hard to explaine, i can see through the light but its like its in the way at the same time. Its strange because it makes things look like they are glowing. I think its hard to describe, does anyone else get the same?

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Thu 19 Jan 2006 1:12 pm

Jayboi

If you mean that it distorts your focus on objects as the light is too bright or spread across..then Yes that is a part of the payload of KC.....as the cornea changes it distorts the images ...

J
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Fri 20 Jan 2006 10:06 am

Jay,

I like that image ... the daylight gets in the way. People with Keratoconus are often (evenusually) "light averse". Sometimes this is called photophobia.

Most of us try to get round the problem by wearing sunglasses. I wear a rather stylish hat to shade my eyes from the light of the sun, but this does not work too well with the low sunshine of winter.

Still I wear the hat, it keeps my head warm and if the sun is very bringht I look down so that my eyes are shielded.

As to sunglasses, there are lots, but you have to find for yourself what is best for you. The RNIB sells light excluders of various intensity. These are pretty good because they have large lenses and also have lenses at the side, so that there is a wrap around effect.

sadly RNIB glasses are not for the fashion-conscious. There are, however, other 'wrap around options'. A friend with KC wears cycling sun specs.

Keep trying!

Meantime, I shall cherish the rather poetic image of the light getting in the way. :D

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Fri 20 Jan 2006 12:13 pm

Hehe i like that take on it as well! What a dam nuisance i kinda thought to those who hate bright lights! :roll: :wink:

As for me i love bright light and so do really well with it. Twilight is the worst time as it is neither light nor dark and just can't make it's dam mind up!

Hoping you find some sunglasses or something to help out soon. The only time i have trouble with bright sunshine is when driving, but maybe i need to take the advice put here before and clean the inside windows!! :twisted:

Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby jayboi2005 » Fri 20 Jan 2006 12:34 pm

i can see fine in the dark. and sunlight isnt as bad. its artificial light thats a real pain. its just like its in the way! i can see past it but its there, its really hard to explaine but i think you all know what i mean.

the worst thing is Sun Glasses dont suit me, unless they are really stylish so if anyone sees any about tell me. and ill get lookin as well. Jay 8)

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Fri 20 Jan 2006 12:56 pm

Jayboi

Take a look at the Bolle range..they do a really good range and stylylish designs and plus the lenses can be anti-UV'd, polarised, etc

J
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -

(C) Copyright 2005 KP

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby jayboi2005 » Fri 20 Jan 2006 2:11 pm

jayuk wrote:Jayboi

Take a look at the Bolle range..they do a really good range and stylylish designs and plus the lenses can be anti-UV'd, polarised, etc

J

where can i find them?

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Fri 20 Jan 2006 2:14 pm

(C) Copyright 2005 KP

jayboi2005
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby jayboi2005 » Fri 20 Jan 2006 5:59 pm

LOL thanks, i think ill look for a different make. D &G make some good ones. 8) :lol:

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Sat 21 Jan 2006 1:46 pm

Good luck on the glasses front, hope you find a pair soon! I hate artificial light as well but was just wondering then, are you planning on wearing sunglasses indoors? Hehe

Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

Return to “General Discussion Forum”