CXL - issues 1.5 years on

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

caroline6505
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

CXL - issues 1.5 years on

Postby caroline6505 » Sun 02 Jun 2013 10:21 pm

Had cross linking in both eyes and wedge resection in right eye. 1.5 years on knew vision in right eye wasn't right. Local optician thought eyes still weren't working together. Surgeon reports that a area of cornea is thinning and starting to bulge again. Don't understand how this could happen after cross linking - thought cross linking was supposed to harden cornea? Feel gutted - made sacrifices to undergo private treatment as I'm not insured and have little faith in local nhs surgeons. There was no question of anything going wrong with private treatment - surgeon was very confident, yet feel like I'm back at square one. Dont blame anyone, but just goes to show nothing is guaranteed. Ferrera ring or contact lens has been suggested, but given what's happened not sure what to do. Anyone experienced cross linking issues?

caroline6505
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Re: CXL - issues 1.5 years on

Postby caroline6505 » Tue 25 Jun 2013 9:59 am

Anyone?

Mousework
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Re: CXL - issues 1.5 years on

Postby Mousework » Tue 25 Jun 2013 1:33 pm

after my graph rejection it has made me very cynical about what is written about the treatment for Keratoconus,
There is only one guarantee with Keratoconus treatment that is there is no guarantees it will work or improve.
it could work and be happy, but you need a follow up with your private doctor.

If you search this forum there are stories of CXL not working and around the internet

Return to “General Discussion Forum”