Hydrops Update

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Hydrops Update

Postby jayuk » Sun 21 Mar 2004 1:54 pm

Hi Guys

Just thought Id get some opinions on my ydrops saga

Developed Hydrops back; end of November; now maority of its cleared up but I can still see some mistiness in the centre

Am I being too eager to see it being cleared too quickly?...how long has other people' hydrops lasted for?

On the plus side my Scleral lens has gone down 2 fittings as the flat ness of the cornea has been the consequence of habing hydrops. My vision in this eye has also increased unbelievably but I am still not going to wear a lens until its 100% cleared........can belive Id say that that initla 6 weeks of pain was worth the outcome of Hydrops.....just waiting for this last bit to clear up!!

J

Andrew MacLean
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Hydrops Update

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 21 Mar 2004 5:31 pm

Hi Jayuk

I think the time I had a Hydrops, it was about three and a half months before everything was back to the way it had been before. I've seen others on the old QT group describing longer and shorter periods, so I reckon each of us will have a different experience.

By the time my cloudiness cleared, i was a bit low, beginning to wonder if I'd ever recover. Of course I did!

Yours aye

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Sun 21 Mar 2004 8:41 pm

Hi

Yeah thats what I am feeling right now; I can see the vision has got better; but theres still cloudiness..and thats anoying...

did you use anything of such during the heal period; aside from the anti bitics at the start?

Jay

Andrew MacLean

Hydrops Update

Postby Andrew MacLean » Mon 22 Mar 2004 10:01 am

Hi Jay

The opthalmologist I saw seemed to favour the wait and see approach. can't complain ... it worked for me.

I had some drops in the early stages but once that was over I used no medication at all.

I now have quite dry eyes and have to use artificial tears, but I'm pretty sure that is related to KC rather than to my Hydrops episode.

I have found that good advice is easier to give than it is to take. Not a particularly patient person being assured that it would come right did not satisfy my inner feeling that it ought to be right now!

all the best.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

update

Postby jayuk » Fri 18 Jun 2004 9:30 pm

Hi Guys

Had Hydrops on right eye since end of November, well its gone alot better and can see out of it, but theres a last bit of misty fluidy stuff in the center still

Its now been 8 months...is this normal to take this long?

Andrew MacLean

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 19 Jun 2004 2:39 pm

Hi jayuk

I don't really think that there is a normal or abnormal time for Hydrops to last! If you are worried, get in touch with your opthalmologist and ask him/her how long you should expect to go on,

Let us know how it goes.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “General Discussion Forum”