Charlotte's patch

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Charlottes mum
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC
Vision: I don't have KC

Charlotte's patch

Postby Charlottes mum » Sat 23 Feb 2013 12:27 pm

Hi,
Well it's coming up 4 weeks since Char's hydrops, in the past couple of days we've noticed that the lumpy lid is much reduced so hopefully this is the start of the healing for her. Very very sensitive to the light tho and she's sporting an array of trendy caps, very important for such a fashion conscious young lady! I bought a little eyeshade from the chemists the other day and tentatively suggested that she wear it so that she had less irritation when she looked up etc - not keen at all so I didn't push it. Then I googled the singer Gabrielle and showed Char, she loves her music (her motto should be, why walk when I can dance, why talk when I can sing!!), bingo, the eye shade is now in place with a firm promise from me to go to the shops on Monday for some sparkles to decorate it with!! Thanks to the people on here for the good advice etc and I feel a little easier about the whole situation with her eyes, she's got a long long way to go but seeing how well she's dealing with all this is heartwarming and we're very proud of her. Here's a photo of her pre-bling eye shade!
858925_571859709493344_1697584906_o.jpg
Charlotte with eye shade - happy!
(238.67 KiB) Not downloaded yet
"Promise me you'll always remember that you're braver than you believe, you are stronger than you seem and smarter than you think" .....Winnie the Pooh

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Charlotte's patch

Postby Sweet » Sat 23 Feb 2013 3:51 pm

Aww lovely patch, will be brilliant with loads of sparkles!!!!

Hoping that Charlotte's eye is healing well, it sounds like it is on the right track. Being sensitive to light is awful but it does settle down.

Take care, love Claire Xxx
Sweet X x X

Charlottes mum
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC
Vision: I don't have KC

Re: Charlotte's patch

Postby Charlottes mum » Sat 23 Feb 2013 4:24 pm

thanks Claire. I will pass that on to Charlotte. she likes to hear what other KC folks have to say! :D
"Promise me you'll always remember that you're braver than you believe, you are stronger than you seem and smarter than you think" .....Winnie the Pooh

Return to “General Discussion Forum”