New to forum

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Nelzkhan
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

New to forum

Postby Nelzkhan » Tue 19 Feb 2013 7:37 pm

Hi everyone! I am new to this forum and was told by bham eye centre about this today although i am old to KC! I had KC in my left eye when i was 15 and was diagnosed it in my right eye a few years ago! Im 26 now! I had colleges cross linking in my right eye as soon i was diagnosed it. My left eye is aparently to the stage it can have a graft...... But im really anxious about this and dont know whether i should wait..... My vision is brilliant with Hard Cl in both eyes but i know my right eye is doing all the work! Any advice?! Dont know whether i should go for grafting or wait i was told t left eye it has the stage due to scaring that i can now get an assessment and put on waiting list! Im just really scared of hospitals and ops! Xx

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: New to forum

Postby Anne Klepacz » Tue 19 Feb 2013 8:22 pm

Hi Nelzkhan and welcome to the forum,
Lots of us here grapple with that decision, and come to different conclusions - it's our eyes and we have to do what feels right for us!
We had a good talk from a London consultant at one of our conferences a few years ago on the pros and cons of surgery. If you e-mail your postal address to anne@keratoconus-group.org.uk I can send you the DVD which might help you to think it through.
All the best
Anne

Nelzkhan
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Nelzkhan » Tue 19 Feb 2013 8:55 pm

Aww thank you Anne i will do that now!

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Fri 22 Feb 2013 1:32 pm

Hi Nelzkhan, lovely to have you here.

It is hard when deciding about having a graft, it's good to read up on it so that you feel more prepared and able to decide what you want. I definitely didn't want to have surgery, but in the end I wasn't able to wear a lens in my good eye because of an ulcer so decided to go for it with the other eye. I had nothing to lose because my bad eye could only see a light box and no letters!

Read loads here from friends who have been through deciding on surgery and go from there.

I am going to move this post though to the General discussions forum as more people will see it! Hoping that is ok?

Love Claire Xxx
Sweet X x X

Return to “General Discussion Forum”