Anyone interested in London Xmas social meet?

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

stephanie sj
Contributor
Contributor

Anyone interested in London Xmas social meet?

Postby stephanie sj » Wed 23 Nov 2005 5:19 pm

Hi there!

Firstly, a big thank you to everyone that responded to my previous posting - seeking new KC pals.

I just wondered if anyone would be interested in a London-based KC social meeting, by way of a pre-Christmas meal, a few drinks etc...?

It would be great to actually get to meet up with some other KC-er's! If you are interested, please contact me at; ms_nuttysquirrel@yahoo.co.uk

Alternatively, please post your suggestions.

Best wishes,
Stephanie. :)

rosemary johnson
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby rosemary johnson » Wed 23 Nov 2005 6:40 pm

I'm on! - if we can find a date that's not already booked up.
Rosemary

John Smith
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Wed 23 Nov 2005 8:07 pm

I second that! (The bit about finding a not booked out day!)

John.

naeemkhamkar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby naeemkhamkar » Wed 23 Nov 2005 9:35 pm

Up 4 a nice get together in a nice bar for a drink.
I'm in London in late november to mid december, might even be there later on in december depends on appointments.

Naeem
Ive had 4 graft rejections in right eye. I'm intolerable to lens in my left eye. Been 2yrs Ive learnt to live life with single ocular vision and I enjoy everyday as I have KC in my left eye. I live to enjoy everyday as it comes with my wife and children.

stephanie sj
Contributor
Contributor

Re; Xmas social meet.

Postby stephanie sj » Thu 24 Nov 2005 1:52 am

Hey, that's great!

A weekday get together might be best. I could do the following dates in December; 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, 8th, 12th.

Not sure whereabouts you are all based. I am over Wimbledon way! It might be best to meet up near a main station, such as Victoria.

I'd be happy to book a table in a restaurant, just let me know what your food preferences are! Alternatively, we could just meet for drinkies :?:

Look forward to meeting you all!
Stephanie. :) :)

John Smith
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Thu 24 Nov 2005 12:58 pm

We could meet up in Wetherspoons at Victoria station (above WH Smith's) for drinkies, and those who want to eat should find something on their fairly extensive menu.

The only other thought would be how we'd all recognise each other! Should we all print out the KC Group logo and carry it prominently :) ?
John

naeemkhamkar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby naeemkhamkar » Thu 24 Nov 2005 5:09 pm

John

Sounds good, everyone has the option to eat or drink, all under one roof.

I think if we all tell the bar staff that we are a KC group waiting for others, please can you point everyone in the right direction.

Would be good enough then whoever comes in just ask whilst getting your first drinks in and you should be pointed towards us.
Ive had 4 graft rejections in right eye. I'm intolerable to lens in my left eye. Been 2yrs Ive learnt to live life with single ocular vision and I enjoy everyday as I have KC in my left eye. I live to enjoy everyday as it comes with my wife and children.

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Get together

Postby Anne Klepacz » Thu 24 Nov 2005 9:18 pm

We could all come clutching a copy of the latest newsletter. And I'll be the one wearing sunglasses, even though it is midwinter!
Anne

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Thu 24 Nov 2005 10:35 pm

Hey guys, thought i'd just say, that if i'm not busy working i'll drop in to see you all! :) Drinks sound good, and we could always take a newsletter so that we can find each other. That is how i find people involved with the Entertaining London group i belong to!

Wetherspoons is always a nice place to visit, but just needing to check ... this is London right, not Cardiff??!! :lol: :P LMAO

I guess with Annes sunglasses and my welsh accent we should be able to find each other no problem! Hehe, or maybe we should all go as santas little elves!!!!!!!!! ROFL!!!! :twisted: Am wicked ;)

Anyone got any dates planned???
Sweet X x X

stephanie sj
Contributor
Contributor

Xmas meet.

Postby stephanie sj » Fri 25 Nov 2005 1:11 am

Hi!

So how about Sunday 4th, or Monday 5th Dec? I couldn't make it much before 6pm on 4th, but can do anytime on 5th.

I think we've got a venue established - Wetherspoons - on VICTORIA Station, London.
Hopefully I will have a copy of KC publication to wave around by then! I'll also have my mobile, incase i'm unable to track you all down in the pub.

Please let me know the best date/time.
Steph. :) :wink:

Return to “General Discussion Forum”