I Got it in!

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Andrew MacLean
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Fenestration or de-fenestration

Postby Andrew MacLean » Wed 24 Mar 2004 7:13 pm

An aside on the question of fenestrations ... I think there was once a tradition in the old Czechoslovakia of dispatching politically unpopular people by a process they called defenestration. I'm not sure if you'll find it in the dictionary, but it means "throwing [the victim] out of a window". Actually I think that this tradition goes back to the old Austro-Hungarian empire.

:wink:
Andrew MacLean

Philip N

Postby Philip N » Sat 27 Mar 2004 8:38 pm

Well I managed to get my Scleral in again today.. Wore it for a whole 3 hours. :shock:

I took four attempts though, each time I had air bubbles and even on my 4th attempt there were three little air bubbles (Not that I could notice) but my fiancee did.

Is it bad if there are a couple of little air bubbles? What problems could they cause :?:

Regards,

Philip.

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Anna Mason » Sat 27 Mar 2004 9:35 pm

Good on you Phil. I had Air Bubble Trouble today and found that the best thing was to take it back out have a cup of tea and then after a break it went in first go. Spookily its the first day I have had air bubbles.
I am very Glad you are trying it out my left eye has never felt perkier than it does at the moment. It likes its scleral much better than the rotten Rose K.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

I got it in

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 27 Mar 2004 9:36 pm

I think that the only problem with air bubbles is that they reduce the visual accuity that the lens affords. If you can still see okay they won't do you any harm.

I usually start with my scleral brim full of saline. This means that my ehe displaces most of the saline, so if I'm not careful I wear it! that's why they invented kleenex!

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

John Smith
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Sun 28 Mar 2004 1:51 am

I'm not sure that tiny bubbles are much of a problem, but I've read somewhere that the slightly larger bubbles can cause local dehydration of the cornea, and will make the lens uncomfortable sooner.
John

Jacqueline Cheetham
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Jacqueline Cheetham » Sun 28 Mar 2004 4:41 pm

Anna, When I put my sclerals in I hang over the end of the bed. It really does helpme this way. Put all your bits and bobs on the floor and just hang right over and when you have the lens in before you open your eye, tuck your chin right under and 'look' under the bed. Please don't laugh try it. No more bubbles this way. And it doesn't hurt your back. Let me know what happens. Jacqueline.

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Anna Mason » Sun 28 Mar 2004 9:44 pm

Thanks for this Jacqueline. I will try it out in the morning. If it doesnt work the worst that can happen is I will have the lads in the office rolling around laughing their heads off when I describe this methot of Contact lens insertion.

Jacqueline Cheetham
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Getting it in...

Postby Jacqueline Cheetham » Wed 31 Mar 2004 10:49 am

So Anna, did you try the hanging over the bed method.... Mind out for you cat, mine have to come and have a look at what I'm doing. Headaches, still a problem. I just want to know why, they I will cope with them. Should get the Doctors report soon. Until then I just keep hoping they will go away... Jacqueline.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”