Graft on Thursday!!!

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Lisa Nixon
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Graft on Thursday!!!

Postby Lisa Nixon » Sun 20 Nov 2005 8:50 pm

Fly to Liverpool on Wednesday, op on Thursday. Do you think they'll let me out on Wednesday night to see the new Harry Potter??!! It's not as if I'm going to get any sleep that night anyway and I can sleep all day on Thursday! Managed to get a place for London Marathon - doing it for Guide Dogs so hope to be back in training asap! Tubs :D

Asif
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Asif » Sun 20 Nov 2005 8:58 pm

Hello Lisa. Hope your graft goes really well for you on thursday. As for being allowed to see the new harry potter, think they will perhaps.

Recovery after the graft isnt as bad as you may think it is, so dont worry. Are you having a lamellar or penetrating graft?

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Sun 20 Nov 2005 9:57 pm

Good Luck Luck!!

Lets us know how it goes when you can!
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Susan Mason
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Susan Mason » Mon 21 Nov 2005 1:49 am

Good luck for Thursday, Lisa.

best wishes

Susan

John Smith
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby John Smith » Mon 21 Nov 2005 1:31 pm

All the best, Lisa, please let us know how you get on!
John

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Mon 21 Nov 2005 11:26 pm

Lisa

Wishing you all the best, am really hoping that everything goes well! After all the stress and worry i had it was SO much better than i thought it would be!!! Yes, it is true, nurses DO make the worst patients!!! :P Keep us up to date and take care

Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

naeemkhamkar
Contributor
Contributor

Postby naeemkhamkar » Tue 22 Nov 2005 9:59 am

Good Luck Lisa

Hope you make a quick recovery and dont worry you will be up n rinnung for the marathon.
Ive had 4 graft rejections in right eye. I'm intolerable to lens in my left eye. Been 2yrs Ive learnt to live life with single ocular vision and I enjoy everyday as I have KC in my left eye. I live to enjoy everyday as it comes with my wife and children.

Lisa Nixon
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Lisa Nixon » Tue 22 Nov 2005 11:07 pm

Thanks everyone :D Feeling OK, determined to see Harry Potter and looking forward to getting back to my horses hopefully next week! See you all clearly soon. Tubs :D

Pete B
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Pete B » Fri 25 Nov 2005 4:28 pm

Good Luck.I had mine done in May and here I am in November and apart from the regular eye drop regime,I can barely remeber I`ve had it done! :D
"You don`t need eyes to see,you need vision."

Lisa Nixon
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Lisa Nixon » Sun 04 Dec 2005 11:50 am

Well folks back at last! Eye still a bit sore so on tramodol, but vision although still blurry is definately better than pre op even though it's very early days yet! Doctors are very pleased with the graft - they say it looks beautiful! Pity I don't!! I did get to see Harry Potter the night before the op and my hubby and I were cracking up everytime the character Mad Eye Moody appeared - he has a magical eye that rolls around in his head and can even see behind him. Even post op my eye can't do that! The anaethetist was great - very reassuring and made sure I had plenty of pain relief. Surgeon was brill too, thinks I'll do OK in marathon and can start running 3 wks post op. Not done anything yet as the tramodol is making me quite dopey. Has anyone tried Nurofen post op? Cocodomol aren't much good and I don't want to keep taking such a strong pain killer for much longer. Back for check end of the month, no regrets really glad I've had it done. Tubs :D

Return to “General Discussion Forum”