RGP Lens Help

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Vigilante
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: I'm coping with no aids

RGP Lens Help

Postby Vigilante » Sat 10 Nov 2012 10:57 am

As you may know already I haved only been dealing with Vision Express so far since the eye unit at my local hospital couldnt find anything wrong, im trying hard to get a refer to the right person there right now. I have been trying to use a Bausch + Loms Quantum 2 RGP lens, but with this lens in all that is really happening is the multiple vision has become more focused and a little close together, so I now see it actually more than when it was "ghost like" the lens is also uncomfortable.

Im such a noobie over these things so here is what the lens box says, Material: Quantum 2, BC: 7.70, PWR: -2.25, Dia: 9.60...

Still the only thing or trick that can make me see better is by placing my finger very close to my eye so the double effect from that covers my pupil and looking through this anything else I look at becomes clear, almost like im blocking some light entering the eye? hard to explain really.

Cant even get the thought outta my head that its more serious like brain tumours or whatever.... :cry:

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: RGP Lens Help

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 10 Nov 2012 2:44 pm

I think what you are describing may be the 'pinhole effect'. I know that optometrists give a reasonable and rational explanation of the phenomenon, but I still think its really groovy.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Vigilante
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: I'm coping with no aids

Re: RGP Lens Help

Postby Vigilante » Sat 10 Nov 2012 4:22 pm

yeah im guessing it is that effect can do the same with both eyes and have know about it for 10 years but its hard explaining it, I tried back then when I first started to see multiple images. As far as the lens, I just took it back and have been refered back to my gp to refer me back to the eye unit at the hospital.

letter

"signs/symptoms: Mr Ward has a keratoconus like condition of his LE Cornea (may not be classic Keratoconus, but has distorted cornea). He has alternate supression RE Dominant, but uses his LE quite a lot and is awear of double vision in that eye alone. The cornea distortion means that glasses will not help. I have tried fitting a G.P contact lens, but although this made some improvement, it was still not as good as he would like, and there was still some double vision in that eye, and discomfort. Please refer on to HES for consultation with Keratoconus contact lens practitioner for an opinion.

So thats where im at, worried and confused.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”