Fund Raising

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Janet Manning
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Fund Raising

Postby Janet Manning » Wed 16 Nov 2005 9:23 pm

Having read the newsletter it occurs to me that we could possibly raise funds like other charities do with buying gifts. I expect most of you will have seen the Oxfam Unwrapped catalogue, where you can 'buy' e.g. a goat or 200 school dinners etc. for people who Oxfam are supporting and 'give' this to your family or friends instead of a traditional gift.

Oxfam provide a gift card to send to the recipient, with an insert to illustrate the gift bought. I have been doing this for a couple of years for adults because I feel it represents more of what Christmas is about, when we already have so much. It would be equally valid for an Eid, New Year or birthday present.

Could the KC group produce some gift cards, with appropiate voucher inserts perhaps, to represent the donation made on behalf of the recipient. We as members could then do at least some of our gift shopping this way and encourage others to do the same. The card might also provide an opportunity to publicise the group, KC, and some of our activities.

What do the rest of you think?

Janet

PS. I was 'given' a bike last year and have just bought my brother a toilet!!!!!! The woman in the Oxfam shop said that no one else had bought a toilet, so of course I just had to have one!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”