Corneal Haze from Cross-linking

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

RedOnion
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Re: Corneal Haze from Cross-linking

Postby RedOnion » Wed 31 Jan 2018 9:25 pm

Barry1983 wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me there thoughts on cxl? I had it last week, vision is terrible, now been reconmended to have procedure on my ‘good’ eye, but totally unsure as of yet.

Hi Barry,

I had it done in both eyes last year (on separate dates) and it took a few weeks before my vision returned to properly functional levels but it does get there. It is worrying but stick it out and you'll be fine. My vision has actually improved a little, my good eye is now at 6/6 and my bad one can now be corrected to that (as I found out today!) so hopefully that gives you some hope. We always hear about the bad but there's plenty of good too :)

RachelfromCanada
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Spectacles

Re: Corneal Haze from Cross-linking

Postby RachelfromCanada » Fri 02 Feb 2018 4:09 am

Barry1983 wrote:Hi, can anyone tell me there thoughts on cxl? I had it last week, vision is terrible, now been reconmended to have procedure on my ‘good’ eye, but totally unsure as of yet.

Hey Barry!

I posted this back on December 13.

"Hey Everyone!

I just had my CXL done on December 5 and I'm experiencing a lot of blurriness (now December 13). I definitely cannot drive and I'm wondering how long it might be before I am able to. I'm also finding it difficult to use my cellphone - did everyone else have the blurred effect for both near and far vision? I'm glad to read this is fairly normal for CXL patients, I was getting worried for a little here. I'm on holidays for the next two weeks, so I hope I am able to return to regular work in the new year.

Let me know!"

I had both of my eyes done at the same time. I had blurred vision from the surgery (Dec. 5) right through Christmas. Hang in there, my vision is pretty much back to the way it was pre-surgery. I have times where my vision is blurry for an hour or so, but it is not even comparable to the way it was in December. I can drive, work, and function normally now. I can't tell if my vision has improved at all yet, I will be going for a post-operative appointment in March to see what my prescription is like.

If you have any concerns at any time, go to an optometrist or ophthalmologist - they know better than anyone.

Take it easy, those first few weeks are the toughest.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”