Celluvisc?

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

rosemary johnson
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby rosemary johnson » Sat 15 Oct 2005 2:11 pm

No, I don't fill the sclerals to the brim with celluvisc.
I fill them (almost) right up when I'm using saline in the left lenses (not piggybacking with that one).
But with celluvisc, I only put a "blob" in.
Ken at MEH said "a drop" but the size of a drop depends how hard you squeeze the ampoule.
That seems to work for me.

Good luck finding some, Susan.
I've just looked at the info leafle tin the box. It's all about using the stuff as eyedrops, not use with contacts.
So probably not too useful.
It does have an info line number: 01494 427 026,

It can be bought "over-the-conter" but I don't know for how much.
NOTE: I don't have any connection with the company. I just use the stuff.
Rosemary

Susan Mason
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Susan Mason » Sun 16 Oct 2005 2:10 am

Thanks, Rosemary.

I will try the link Jay posted or visit the postoptics site.

Susan

Tammy Downsworth
Contributor
Contributor

Celluvisc

Postby Tammy Downsworth » Wed 26 Oct 2005 4:34 pm

Hello

This is my first post to the forum, though I have contacted members individually, thought I'd add my comments re Celluvisc.

I have a lot of trouble with dry eyes etc. and RMEH have recently prescribed Celluvisc, my GP has issued the first prescription (2 boxes) but initially I was using it hourly!, I'm now down to about two/three a day.

Sue, hi, finally got over my posting shyness, and last I asked Boots (the branch I go to is in Piccadilly Manchester but they all should work the same) will order it in for us so we can get the prescriptions filled.

But I've now added John's link to my favourites as if I need to buy it on t'internet it is over a quid cheaper than the Boots retail price.

It's good that I've found out that I can use it with lenses as I am still leaving them out (they'll probably need re-fitting now anyway, after a bad scratch healing and a small hydrop).

Anyway, excellent stuff Celluvisc, preservative free etc. It definitly saved what's left of my sanity as I felt I was running out of options but not now. :D

Tam

Susan Mason
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart

Postby Susan Mason » Wed 26 Oct 2005 11:08 pm

Hi Tam

'Well I'll go to the top of our stairs'

You finally did it!

Glad to hear about the celluvisc, I still haven't tried it yet must get round to it though.

Happy Postings!

Susan

Tammy Downsworth
Contributor
Contributor

Celluvisc

Postby Tammy Downsworth » Thu 27 Oct 2005 12:12 pm

Thought I'd let you know I've just had my latest presription filled at Boots (being a small branch I gave them a few days to get a good stock in), I have come away with four boxes now they retail apparently for £10.75 a box so for once I don't mind the prescription charge as it makes it a bargain!!

No seriously after a bad summer they are miracle drops (mind I never did get round to trying Systane) but being in individual vials and preservative free Celluvisc (or Carmellose Sodium single dose vials as the script calls them) are now my favourite.

Tam

Richard In Wales
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Richard In Wales » Thu 27 Oct 2005 1:17 pm

I use Allercan Liquifilm Preservative free all the time, I get them on script through my Dr. I also get scripts free through a HC2 exemption form as KC is a life long medical condition
Last edited by Richard In Wales on Thu 27 Oct 2005 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.Borg-Zone.co.uk/eyelog.htm Visit My last graft Blog Site

Tammy Downsworth
Contributor
Contributor

Exemption

Postby Tammy Downsworth » Thu 27 Oct 2005 1:31 pm

Dave

Thanks for that, didn't know we were exempted from prescription charges. I am requesting a form on the telephone as I type this.

Tam

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Thu 27 Oct 2005 1:46 pm

Dave

What procedure did you go through to get this exemption?..I was aware that post graft we have get a "season ticket" whereby we pay a reducded amount for 4 / 12 months.....but I was under teh impression that the total exemption was if you could not go about your business without Help?

Cheers!
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Richard In Wales
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Richard In Wales » Thu 27 Oct 2005 1:56 pm

I just applied for an exemption form. I can't remember where I got it from though sorry
http://www.Borg-Zone.co.uk/eyelog.htm Visit My last graft Blog Site

Tammy Downsworth
Contributor
Contributor

Prescription Exemptions

Postby Tammy Downsworth » Thu 27 Oct 2005 2:17 pm

That's what my GP's surgery has just told me. The forms have changed and there is a process whereby the GP has to certify certain conditions. They are looking into it though, and I'll post any progress to the forum. If I can't I'm going to get a prepayment certificate, at least I'll save something that way.

8)

Tam

Return to “General Discussion Forum”