Still after a quality Eye Patch

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Richard In Wales
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Still after a quality Eye Patch

Postby Richard In Wales » Tue 27 Sep 2005 10:28 pm

Anyone know where they sell them, these things from the local chemist are pants :(

Would like to find a pin hole glasses as well if there made.

Thanks
Last edited by Richard In Wales on Thu 27 Oct 2005 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.Borg-Zone.co.uk/eyelog.htm Visit My last graft Blog Site

Tammy Downsworth
Contributor
Contributor

Aww Nobody replied

Postby Tammy Downsworth » Thu 27 Oct 2005 12:50 pm

Dave

As I was following your story last year re your graft, and I remmember wishing you a happy new year, I am now posting properly on the forum.

Right, regarding an eye patch, I notice nobody replied, did you ever find one?

Is there a list of suppliers of these things, as when the light gets to my left eye the only solice you can get is covering it up for half an hour or so I resort to bath towels/bandanas etc. but a comfortable properly manufactured eye patch would ease the mind as Id' be reassured I was doing things properly. I have even considered making a black leather one as I can control the filt and make it comfortable but don't know whether the leather etc. would add to the allergies!

Anyway, I am still looking and if I do find a range of them I will let you know.

Tammy

PS GT550 Kwak being sold after three years gently rusting in the shed, still feels like my 'old life' hope I keep the memories.

Richard In Wales
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Richard In Wales » Thu 27 Oct 2005 1:11 pm

Nope still 'looking' for one.

All I can find is rubbish ones from the local chemists.

If you do come across some please let me know

Thanks

Shame about the Trike :(
Last edited by Richard In Wales on Thu 27 Oct 2005 1:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Thu 27 Oct 2005 1:14 pm

The Ventilated Plastic ones come in boxes of 25 thus your best would would be to ask the hospital for them.

Post graft I went back and asked for 2 more at my check up with no issues...however I am certain the cost is minimal if they require you to pay for them.

There are a few other sites that sell the ventilated on the web, but again there in boxes of 10 and 25.
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Tammy Downsworth
Contributor
Contributor

Trike!!

Postby Tammy Downsworth » Thu 27 Oct 2005 1:19 pm

Wasn't a trike it was a moterbike, us girlies can ride them you know!!, no after KC diagnosis, with even with eye correction the light sensitivity means my eye's shut tight so drivings a problem never mind the extra complication of worrying about cambers bumps/diesel etc. miss it though!! I commuted to work and having to use the bus is just so depressing and a hell of a lot longer.

Still 17 years of riding and no 'my fault' accidents.... dropped it a few times in the garage though!

Tam

Richard In Wales
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Richard In Wales » Thu 27 Oct 2005 1:27 pm

jayuk wrote:The Ventilated Plastic ones come in boxes of 25 thus your best would would be to ask the hospital for them.

Post graft I went back and asked for 2 more at my check up with no issues...however I am certain the cost is minimal if they require you to pay for them.

There are a few other sites that sell the ventilated on the web, but again there in boxes of 10 and 25.

Thanks, I'm not after them plastic pink things with string elastic though, I want a REAL patch :)
Last edited by Richard In Wales on Thu 27 Oct 2005 1:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Richard In Wales
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Re: Trike!!

Postby Richard In Wales » Thu 27 Oct 2005 1:28 pm

Tammy Downsworth wrote:Wasn't a trike it was a moterbike, us girlies can ride them you know!!, no after KC diagnosis, with even with eye correction the light sensitivity means my eye's shut tight so drivings a problem never mind the extra complication of worrying about cambers bumps/diesel etc. miss it though!! I commuted to work and having to use the bus is just so depressing and a hell of a lot longer.

Still 17 years of riding and no 'my fault' accidents.... dropped it a few times in the garage though!

Tam

He he sorry BIKE BIKE BIKE :)

Return to “General Discussion Forum”