Oxysept 1 step

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

zeke
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Oxysept 1 step

Postby zeke » Tue 19 Jun 2012 8:26 pm

Hi been struggling with lens wear time/comfort with my new duette hybrid lens for my right eye. Currently on the third lens after adjustments with fit and strength.The last lens had shown deposits been left on the soft part of lens.So my optum suggests I try the oxysept 1 step disinfecting and neutralising system. I still use the rub clean first then put lens in holder add solution along with tablet. Tablet dissolves and solution turns pink all okay. The very small print instructions (dam hard to read for people with vision problems) say its an overnight soak system with minimum of 6 hours soak time. But my question is how long can the lens stay in the solution ? Does it need removing after the over night soak and putting in normal solution if I am not going to wear it ie having a rest day with no lens or bad day where I can't wear the lens ? Or can it stay in the oxy sept solution until the next time the lens is worn ??

jay87
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Oxysept 1 step

Postby jay87 » Fri 22 Jun 2012 6:01 pm

You can just leave it sitting in the solution for up to 30 days before having to disinfect again. The water is turned into saline solution after the disinfection proccess as the tablet neutralises the peroxide.
Jake 8)

Return to “General Discussion Forum”