Page 1 of 1

Post Cross linking help

Posted: Fri 11 May 2012 11:31 am
by Gowrav
Hey guys,

I have had cross linking in both eyes nearly 2 months ago. Initially the prescriptions for both eyes improved slightly and I just had a eye test at specsavers (due to being discharged from the private clinic) and by left eye (the worser eye) has changed from having astigmatism of -3 to -6.25 and the optician said that this is a big change and could indicate the eye progressing despite having cross linking. I wanted to know while I wait to get in contact with my consultant if this is normal? I know the vision can fluctuate for around a year after the treatment. Any advice is welcome.

Re: Post Cross linking help

Posted: Thu 07 Jun 2012 12:58 pm
by Andrew MacLean

I have moved your post to the General Discussion Forum where I think it may attract more hits and possibly some response. I have left a shadow topic in place.


Re: Post Cross linking help

Posted: Wed 13 Jun 2012 4:14 pm
by krolen
Hi Gowrav, Im not that long after clx so sadly I'm not able to offer my experience. I would definitely speak to the clicic you had it done at and ask their advice.

Re: Post Cross linking help

Posted: Sat 16 Jun 2012 10:39 am
by liam82
Gowrav, after crosslinking the eye will fluctuate for several months. Mine initially improved, then got worse then improved again.
All over the course of the last year.

Your private clinic should not have just discharged you after 2 months. You should be having regular follow ups over the course of a year

Ring them and ask to see the consultant, as they will be able to tell best whats happening with your eyes

Re: Post Cross linking help

Posted: Wed 20 Jun 2012 9:45 pm
by caroline6505

Just out of interest, did you have epi on or off?

I have crosslinking (epi was disrupted rather than removed) done almost a year ago in both eyes (month apart). In my case, I think it took months for things to settle. I would speak to the clinic and see what they have to say. If you're unhappy with what you're being told see a second opinion from another specialist to get some advice.

Best wishes.