Walk/Sponsor me to raise money for research

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Walk/Sponsor me to raise money for research

Postby Anne Klepacz » Fri 31 Aug 2012 9:53 am

That's great, Rachel! Are you doing the 6 mile or the 15 mile walk? I'll certainly look out for you! And it's good to see you've got a lot of support already.
Anne

lizzi c-j
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC
Vision: I don't have KC

Postby lizzi c-j » Fri 31 Aug 2012 10:11 am

Hi Anne,
We are doing the 6 mile walk because Lizzie is younger than 13 so she is unable to tale part in the longer walk!
Hopefully we will stand out and maybe raise awareness of Keratoconus! Anyway we will have fun making fools of ourselves (mind you Lizzi is begining to regret the costumes!)
Rachel

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee

Postby Anne Klepacz » Fri 31 Aug 2012 10:23 am

Then I'll definitely see you. (I'm doing the 6 mile walk cos my knees are too old to cope with 15!) I've included an article about the walk in our next newsletter, which will be with all our postal mailing list members in the next few days. So maybe more of our members will join us or think about sponsoring us.
It should be a fun evening!
Many thanks for joining in.
Anne

Lewis-W
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Lewis-W » Wed 05 Sep 2012 9:27 am

Unfortunately my band has a gig on the day of the walk Anne, otherwise I'd have been on the train down to London to take part!

However, I'm just about to click on to your donations page to do my bit :D

Best of luck to everyone who is taking part in the walk!

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee

Postby Anne Klepacz » Wed 05 Sep 2012 10:03 am

Have a great gig, Lewis, and many thanks for your support.
I do find it strange that both Rachel and I seem to be getting more support from our non KC friends than from all the people who use this forum. Come on KC-ers, surely you want more research into KC to improve the quality of all our lives? I can't think of a cause that should be closer to the hearts of everyone here.
Anne

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee

Postby Anne Klepacz » Sun 16 Sep 2012 5:34 pm

Just wanted to say many, many thanks to all the people who have sponsored me in the last few days. You've put a big smile on my face!
The walk is this Friday - I haven't dared to look at the weather forecast for that night yet. So please lots of positive thinking from everyone to make sure it doesn't pour with rain.
Thanks again
Anne

lizzi c-j
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC
Vision: I don't have KC

Postby lizzi c-j » Thu 20 Sep 2012 8:18 pm

Hi Anne
We are looking forward to the CarrotNight Walk tomorrow. Just looked at the weather forecast! Unfortunately it looks a bit wet! I hope the dye in our carrot tops doesn't run. I think Lizzie is looking forward to a trip to London which doesn't involve someone examining her eyes.
Good luck for tomorrow, hope to see you there!
Rachel, Charlotte and Lizzie

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee

Postby Anne Klepacz » Sat 22 Sep 2012 1:07 pm

Well, we did it and have the T-shirts and the Gold Carrot Medals to prove it! Rachel, Lizzie and Charlotte looked fabulous in their costumes. I hope we might have some pics to put up in time. We ignored the odd drops of rain and joined 150 other walkers (raising money for research into other eye conditions) for an evening of 6 miles of the sights of London. When we got back to the finishing post (the IMAX cinema near Waterloo) we saw some of the 350 intrepid souls who were preparing to set out on the 15 mile night walk - rather them than me!
So if anyone was waiting to check that we'd actually done it before donating, now's the time to press that button on our Justgiving pages (see earlier posts in this thread for details). Justgiving are accepting donations until 21st December, so it's not too late to give something towards KC research.
Fight for Sight are hoping to extend this walk to other cities next year, so lots more of you should be able to join in the fun! We'll put up details as soon as we know them.
Thanks again to all those who have supported us so far.
Anne

Return to “General Discussion Forum”