Walk/Sponsor me to raise money for research

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Walk/Sponsor me to raise money for research

Postby Anne Klepacz » Fri 23 Mar 2012 3:03 pm

Fight for Sight is the charity which funds research into eye conditions, including keratoconus (the speaker at our AGM last week heads a research team at Belfast University into the genetics of KC which is funded by Fight for Sight and they have also funded a number of other research studies into KC). Fight for Sight is organising a Carrots Nightwalk on 21st September. You'll find details at http://www.fightforsight.org.uk/carrots
I have just registered there for the 6 mile walk (for the fitter and braver the main walk is 15 miles!). I do hope other KC Group members will join me. All money raised goes to Fight for Sight but the registration form allows you to specify which eye condition you want the money you raise to go to, and keratoconus is on the list. When you register, please say you are part of the Keratoconus Group team.
I hope lots of you (especially the London members) will join in this great initiative.
Anne

Elizabeth R
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Walk to raise money for research

Postby Elizabeth R » Fri 23 Mar 2012 11:07 pm

hi was thinking on doing it.i would love to walk london at night.

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee

Postby Anne Klepacz » Mon 02 Jul 2012 1:32 pm

Now why did this post disappear into oblivion?
If anyone would like to join me and all the other walkers from other sight charities, it's not too late to register (details in my post above). And if you can't be there on 21st September, the please sponsor me at
www.justgiving.com/Anne-Klepacz
All the money I raise will go to research into keratoconus funded by Fight for Sight.
Many thanks
Anne

Jezzafletcher
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Jezzafletcher » Mon 02 Jul 2012 9:18 pm

Anne - I would have loved to have participated but have surgery scheduled for 19/9 BUT could I sponsor you?
Jez

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee

Postby Anne Klepacz » Tue 03 Jul 2012 9:01 am

All the very best for your surgery on 19/9, Jez.
And yes, please do sponsor me! Let me know if you have any problem doing this on the link I've provided.
Many thanks
Anne

Jezzafletcher
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Jezzafletcher » Tue 03 Jul 2012 4:19 pm

Sorry Anne - I hadn't seen the link .....tee hee! All done and good luck. Come on fellow KC'ers - please give Anne some support !

space_cadet
Champion
Champion
Vision: Other

Postby space_cadet » Thu 05 Jul 2012 2:21 pm

il get mr spacecadet to sponsor you as I cant see the bank card fo rour details x
May09 Diagnosed with KC, March 2010 after a failed transplant it has left me legally blind a long cane user (since 2010) who is blind in a once sighted world

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee

Re: Walk/Sponsor me to raise money for research

Postby Anne Klepacz » Wed 11 Jul 2012 1:18 pm

Many thanks to those who have already sponsored - still a way to go though!
Anne

chris1972as
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: On the waiting list for a graft

Postby chris1972as » Fri 13 Jul 2012 10:03 am

I have been thinking of ways to raise money for keratoconus group and awareness myself towards keratoconus and have decided on donations of royalities on publication of my book, and as regards my operation, so far so good, though it is early days, now the way I have decided to raise money, I have probably mentioned before but am publishing a book, should be published in two to three months and avalable to buy both in paperback and ebook format, and a percentage of sales go to the group. Check out my book on twitter @ casnovels or my facebook site @ casnovels. Now on a note I think i have sightly over done it today, walked a little further than i should and feeling very tired and warn out

lizzi c-j
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC
Vision: I don't have KC

Postby lizzi c-j » Thu 30 Aug 2012 7:53 pm

Hi Anne, it is Lizzie's mum posting.

Me and my 2 girls will be joining you by taking part in the Fight for Sight to raise money for Keratoconus. The reason we taking part part is because my youngest daughter Lizzie's has Keratonconus. This is advanced in right eye (will probally need transplant when she is older) and less advanced in her left eye. Her left eye was recently cross linked privately as it was just on the limit of 400u. Lizzie's is only 11yrs old.

I have spent the last few days shopping for our carrots costumes and pictures of these will soon appear at www.justgiving.com/Rachel-Cornell

Maybe you will see us on 21 Sept I think we will be hard to miss! If anybody wants a giggle please visit our page. If you can spare a few pennies to sponsor us don't forget the money raised goes to a cause close to all our hearts.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”