Ghosting and Halos...

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

munster
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Ghosting and Halos...

Postby munster » Mon 12 Mar 2012 8:17 pm

Hi, I'm really getting fed up with all the ghosting and halos I get.

Ghosting:
I have noticed that it occurs on light over dark. IE, anything bright or light coloured on top of or next to a darker colour. It could be anywhere, or anything in your vision. Its worse towards the end of the day. Glasses just make it a whole lot worse. Kerasoft lenses seem to be the best at reducing the ghosting, and RGP seem to be worse.

Halos:
These occur around any light source, be it, led, lcd, street lights, headlights, all lights. The closer you are to the light source, the smaller the halo. Likewise, the further away the light source the larger the halo is. I'm assuming that everyone's halo is slightly different, due to individual corneal distortion. The top of my halos are at the light source and they hang below in an oval shape. I hate driving at night, especially when I see millions of white halos coming at me. I loose sight of the kerbside and any cars in front. Lenses don't really do much to get reduce halos, and glasses are just useless.

Whats your stories, and how have you dealt with them in the past?

Lia Williams

Re: Ghosting and Halos...

Postby Lia Williams » Mon 12 Mar 2012 9:48 pm

Hi Munster,

I find that although I get ghosting with glasses it is greatly reduced with contact lenses.

I wear RGPs and I have found that some RGPs leave more ghosting that others. I used to find that one particular RGP, which was the only comfortable lens for my right eye, left me with ghosting but I found that my brain could ignore the ghosting from the right eye if the left eye was fitted with a lens that didn't cause ghosting.

Unaided ghosting leads to some bizarre vision - sometimes I can read the time on video digital clock - but I haven't a clue what is being shown on the TV next to it!

Lia

Elizabeth R
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Ghosting and Halos...

Postby Elizabeth R » Mon 12 Mar 2012 10:48 pm

to night i went swimming with one lens in.the other was not. i was seeing hayhols around the pool.with the lights.should woned the lens for the other eye.if i went bit earlyer no haylols,now the domebust is a water siide,now it went so dark black could not see a thing.and it went very fast,and i was told it was not fast.you end up in the water in the end.was wereing a Scleral .still very black in the slide.i been very scare of the domebust as a child.to now i try it for frist time.thir are there domebust .all go very fast .i never try the other two .befor i try out the lagoon falls open topped waterslide and triple hydro slide.it also have a water cannon and wave machine,i dont think i will be visting the domebust to fast and dark. never agine,thank god for scleral lens.i can get away with a few things. the haylols are a nightmare when comes to swmming at night.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”