I'd like advice on cross-linking

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

caroline6505
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Re: I'd like advice on cross-linking

Postby caroline6505 » Fri 24 Feb 2012 11:15 am

Hi James

There's been quite a few members that have had crosslinking - some report no pain at all, and others aren't so lucky.

Just wanted to add that the pain or discomfort wasn't unbearable (stung a little bit and watered a lot). I've been through worse! I suspect in my case it was down to the fact that I had a different surgeon for each eye. I noted that whilst they both used the daya disruptor (it's a spiky gadget that basically punctures the epithileum), the eye that I experienced the discomfort/pain with was the one in which the surgeon made more use of the disruptor! Guess because there were perhaps more punctures, that caused the discomfort/pain. Have to be honest, didn't stop me going back to the hotel ordering room service and watching a few films! I slept a lot too, which helped. It's amazing how quickly things heal and how quickly any discomfort disappears. I do recall that my eyes felt slightly itchy (which I didn't dare rub!) - I remember that each time I blinked, things felt a little bit rough.

patannh
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Re: I'd like advice on cross-linking

Postby patannh » Fri 02 Mar 2012 12:09 am

has anyone or does anyone know of someone with KC who also has congenital nystagmus. question i have is ... how do you get the cxl done if you cant hold your eyes still. thanks.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”