Advice needed asap thank you

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

FLOFLO
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Advice needed asap thank you

Postby FLOFLO » Mon 13 Feb 2012 3:42 pm

Hi All i am going for an eye test this Thursday and wanting to know if i am able to still wear glasses should i get a pair that is also polarized as i cant stand much daylight or would i be better off getting just a polarized pair in case i ever need contacts.Also are there any questions i should make sure i ask?thank you x :?

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Advice needed asap thank you

Postby Anne Klepacz » Mon 13 Feb 2012 5:49 pm

At one stage I had clip on sunglasses to go over my spectacles. I don't know if they were polarised, but worth asking if that's a possibility. It would be a much cheaper option than getting prescription polarised glasses if expense is an issue.

mfergus
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Advice needed asap thank you

Postby mfergus » Mon 13 Feb 2012 7:16 pm

Don't know if these are available in the UK, but in the US there is a brand of over-glasses sunglasses called "Cocoons" that do a pretty good job of filtering light. They make both polarized and non-polarized versions, and they're about $50 each - I have one of each type, polarized for outside, and the non-polarized for inside. However, I'm only wearing them until I can get new contacts and resume wearing my rather sharp Ray-Ban aviator fade out lenses.

Don't know if that helps, but worth at least looking in to.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”