BOTH EYES NOT WORKING TOGETHER

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

caroline6505
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

BOTH EYES NOT WORKING TOGETHER

Postby caroline6505 » Wed 01 Feb 2012 11:21 am

Hi

I've had crosslinking in both eyes (right eye back in June 2011/left in July 2011) and had a wedge resection with auto lamellar keratoplasty in my right eye back in August 2011. I've found that it's taken around 4/5 months for my vision to feel back to normal after the crosslinking, however, my right eye hasn't been as straightforward. Initially, I reacted to the stitches as soon as I stopped the eye drops, I then went back ont he eye drops only to react to them (high pressure). Lately, I really feel like I'm a bit cross-eyed almost - very much like both my eyes aren't working together. Up until recently, my optician was able to show me that my brain was actually only using the left eye, however, after a visit to see him yesterday, he thinks my brain is attempting to use both eyes together. I'm finding I'm having headaches almost daily.

Anyone heard of this or experienced this, and if so, any suggestions?

Thanks.

Caroline.

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: BOTH EYES NOT WORKING TOGETHER

Postby Anne Klepacz » Wed 01 Feb 2012 2:11 pm

Hi Caroline,
I'm sure lots of us have been through times when the brain was struggling to cope with changing vision in one or other eye, and had headaches as a result - I know I have. But as for the answer, the only one I know of is time while the brain relearns the best strategy for giving you clearer vision. I hope other people may have other suggestions. Are you wearing glasses again now? I know you said you were intolerant of contact lenses before the crosslinking. Is there any chance that the treatment might have made lens fitting easier and so tolerance might be better?
Anne

fatar760
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: BOTH EYES NOT WORKING TOGETHER

Postby fatar760 » Sun 05 Feb 2012 6:21 pm

Hi Caroline,

I have had a similar experience to you. My left eye (DALK eye) is improving but my vision is still not great when using both eyes together (which I do the vast majority of the time). I was told the same about it taking time and that I could get headaches. I haven't had any for a while though so hopefully they've stopped.

Guess we just have to give it time but hopefully you will gain some reassurance that you're not the only one it's happening to :)

Return to “General Discussion Forum”