water and K

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

sarkac
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Spectacles

water and K

Postby sarkac » Mon 24 Oct 2011 5:20 am

hi,
this might be a bit of a silly question.. :)

So does anyone know if fluid retention affects the cornea in any way?
I used to usually drink 3/4 th of a liter of water in a day (I know thats less) , but then i got high on information with people telling me that I should cut down caffeine and drink more water, so that my eyes would not dry and damage.
Now the problem is i retain a lot due to cut in caffeine , and the excess 1 liter
The retention causes my eyesight to change a lot! ... and so i try avoiding drinking too much water the next couple of days..
Sometime i feel its crazy .. coz the more i drink.. the more time it takes me to get back the vision i want

So im looking for a sensible way out, maybe some perspective.I never really believed in the 8 glasses per day, and since I am 5 feet tall and 45 kilos and was going good on 4 glasses.
But after K , and a lot of pple giving me different health solutions, I started eating carrots every morning, cut down caffeine and spinach/tuna etc with lunch.
But yeah the 8 glasses of water is really affecting my vision.. is it supposed to?
cheers
sarkac

Lizb
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Spectacles

Re: water and K

Postby Lizb » Mon 24 Oct 2011 11:05 am

how is it affecting your vision? I notice a massive difference if i'm dehydrated.
To keep your fluids on a level balance you need to consistently drink sufficient fluid each day - you body initially stores it as it doesnt know when its going to get the next lot - same as starving yourself isnt a way to lose weight, as it just stores fat for future energy. Once you are hydrated then you generally lose the fluid retention, 'cept for women at that time of the month
Life is too short for drama & petty things!
So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

I´m not strange, I´m just not normal

Every sixty seconds you spend angry, upset or mad is a full minute of happiness you never get back

Return to “General Discussion Forum”