100% vision but Extreme Light Sensivity,Headache and dry eye

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

rayanneves
Vision: Contact lenses

100% vision but Extreme Light Sensivity,Headache and dry eye

Postby rayanneves » Fri 21 Oct 2011 4:58 am

Sorry for the "Google Translate English". Im from Brazil, 19 years old, and have Keratoconus, i used some "standart" RGP lenses and have a Extreme Light Sensivity...

I tried the standart RGP lenses and trying now wirh the Rose K2 lenses but still have the problems, i have 100% vision with the lenses but a extreme light sensivity, headaches and dry eyes

I have the problems (light sensivity and headache) without the lenses, but with them is much worse, unbearable

I'm sad because I paid a lot in Rose K2 and spent money for nothing...

Matthew_
Champion
Champion
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: 100% vision but Extreme Light Sensivity,Headache and dry

Postby Matthew_ » Fri 21 Oct 2011 4:54 pm

Hi,
Possibly you are not going to get on with rigid lenses. I could not bear rgps even though I got very good vision. Summer time and hayfever made it worse. Although I ended up with a graft in the left eye, I have been able to get good vision with Kerasoft lenses over the last 5 years in the right. This is now failing so I am going to try piggy backing. So there are lots of options. I think a Rose K still retains some rigidity, that could be the problem.
Also think about other possible causes, like allergies, poor environments (dust) or lack of sleep. Things which might make your eye irritable and also cleaning regimes.
Cheers

Get a life...get a dog!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”