swallen capillarys and conjuntitis

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

chris1972as
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: On the waiting list for a graft

swallen capillarys and conjuntitis

Postby chris1972as » Mon 22 Aug 2011 5:01 pm

first of all sorry bout the spelling doing this without contact lens well that is my excuse :oops: well my sight has deteriated dramatically over the past few days and this is my diagnosis after a visit to primary care, the doc saud i did not have tolerence with my rgp lens and wants me to have a show down agin with dr frankienstien {Joke there} but he does like choppung, however the doc did tell me i may not have a tolerence with my solutions i use, i use boston is there an alyrtnative and has anyone had a similiar experence as i so do not want a operation, not until i have exhausted every avenue possible

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: swallen capillarys and conjuntitis

Postby Andrew MacLean » Mon 22 Aug 2011 7:01 pm

For many of us, finding compatible solutions is more difficult than finding a suitable lens.

I use AMO Total Care, both the cleaner and the wetting and soaking solution. I rinse my lens with sterile saline from tesco.

All the best

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

chris1972as
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby chris1972as » Thu 27 Oct 2011 11:32 am

Well this is on from what happened back in august, I was told my tolerence to contact lenses were low and having gone back to the hospital yesterday i was told even if i have the operation i still would have to wear contact lenses and yet he told me i have no tolerence towards them, he went on to tell me the surgern will offer me other options????? Watch this post, im interested to know what they will be and i will find out next wednesday, though the optician stated there are difficult times ahead, cheers!

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sun 30 Oct 2011 8:24 am

Every good wish as you move through the difficult times.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Lynn White
Optometrist
Optometrist

Postby Lynn White » Tue 01 Nov 2011 8:08 pm

Chris....

If you do not have tolerance to RGPs it is not the end of the line re contact lenses. Many surgeons are not aware that soft lenses or sclerals can work very well for keratoconus and these can give much better wear times than RGPs if you have problems in that area..

You may be offered INTACs or other surgical procedures but even then, contact lenses are still the final option.

Do PM me if you want more information.

Lynn
Lynn White MSc FCOptom
Optometrist Contact Lens Fitter
Clinical Director, UltraVision

email: lynn.white@lwvc.co.uk

chris1972as
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby chris1972as » Wed 02 Nov 2011 7:07 pm

Thanx Lynn for all your information and advice you are a true strength, I did see the surgern today and he as told me there is no other way forward but to operate, I have been told I will have a graft on my right eye in the next four months to six then he hopes if all goes well to graft my left eye in two years, well I suppose the journey is underway after 15years of getting by, no road is the same, what an interesting thought!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”