week 10

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

GrandPaClanger
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

week 10

Postby GrandPaClanger » Sat 23 Jul 2011 7:41 am

Had a checkup on Monday. Graft is still nice and clear . Pressure is still slightly up at 23 (down from 25) so now on XataTan at night as well as the Timolol . Apparently it gives you nice long eyelashes (used in the States for that reason) It can also change your eye colour to brown. As the other is blue that should be a laugh.

Surgeon thought there was some tight stitches which was confirmed by a topography. These are at the 3 and 9 O'clock positions hence the rubbish vision (still better than the other eye without a lens). Even so the map was better with lots of blue instead of a mass of red pre graft. Plan is to go back in a month to check again with refraction test and another scan If it's still the case then it's back to theatre to have them loosened off .

So far so good
Ian

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee

Re: week 10

Postby Anne Klepacz » Sat 23 Jul 2011 8:55 am

Good to get another update from you, Ian. That all sounds pretty good. Removing individual stitches in the months post graft to improve the vision is fairly standard. Looking forward to the next positive update!
All the best
Anne

sarkac
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Spectacles

Postby sarkac » Sat 23 Jul 2011 3:17 pm

Good wishes to you. hope we get more positive updates

Helen G
Contributor
Contributor

Postby Helen G » Sun 24 Jul 2011 7:36 pm

Glad to hear things are going ok, I was at LRI too this week, I hope it wasn't you that caused the huge appointment delays this week!

I had a lens fitted for my transplant eye (5 months post-op) they had to go for one that fits under the eyelids to avoid the stitches. The vision is surprising good, much better than the left eye and good enough for driving. They have warned that the prescription will change frequently and I doubt I will be able to wear all day. Still looking forward to picking the lens up in a couple of weeks and even if it only gives a few hrs of 'normal' vision a day - that would be awesome :)

Hope the pressure improves for you, best wishes

Helen

Return to “General Discussion Forum”