Sore Eyes

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Studentmac
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Spectacles

Sore Eyes

Postby Studentmac » Sat 09 Jul 2011 1:16 pm

I am sure there will be information on here somewhere but cant see it so I have what hopefully should be a quick questions.

I currently only have glasses, I am waiting for contacts to be made and if I can arrange time off work looking to try and get CXL privately.

Over the last month or so my eyes are getting increasingly sore, dont have dry eyes but they feel red raw, I know there are various types of contact solution out there to help prevent sore eyes with contacts but is there anything that can be done just in general.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: Sore Eyes

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 09 Jul 2011 4:01 pm

is it possible that you have an eye infection. If you are not wearing contact lenses then that would be my first guess. That said, why ask us to guess when you could pop along to your doctor and let him or her examine your eyes and make a diagnosis that may be followed by the appropriate treatment? :D
Andrew MacLean

Studentmac
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Spectacles

Postby Studentmac » Mon 11 Jul 2011 7:37 pm

Appointment at the docs makes me laugh hard enough to get an appointment let alone time off work to go to it.

I dont think it will be an infection as optician would have spotted it im sure intend to ask when i have my next appointment but not sure when that will be.

Was just thinking in case there was anything I can pick up in boots like the dry eye stuff you spray thats always advertised that helps but its not important

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Mon 11 Jul 2011 8:56 pm

I use clinitas soothe. I use it before my rgp lens goes in and I use it while the lens is in place.
Andrew MacLean

Return to “General Discussion Forum”