employment

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Yvette
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

employment

Postby Yvette » Thu 07 Jul 2011 2:25 pm

how to deal with discrimination

Susan Mason
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: employment

Postby Susan Mason » Fri 08 Jul 2011 11:39 am

Hi Yvette

Welcome to the discussion forum. Is your post a question or do you have comments/experiences/advice re your topic.

best wishes

Susan
don't let the people that mean nothing to you get you down, because in the end they are worth nothing to you, they are just your obstacles in life to trip you up!

Yvette

Postby Yvette » Sat 09 Jul 2011 8:44 am

as i am new to this discussion forum i was unsure about how to use it and i was posing a question because i have been discriminated against but have not been able to work out why. I have been told that because i am only 5 foot two in height that I was too small for the prospective employers. The interviewer however was smaller than me.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Postby Andrew MacLean » Sat 09 Jul 2011 10:37 am

Hello Yvette

Was the discrimination you experienced due to your keratoconus or to your height? If your problem is related to your stature there are other places better equipped to help you than this forum.

If, however, your experienced negative discrimination on matters related to your keratoconus, then I am pretty sure there are publications on the group's website that can offer help.

Every good wish.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Yvette

Postby Yvette » Thu 28 Jul 2011 9:47 am

It is difficult to pinpoint the reason why I have been turned down for employment but generally I think that prospective employers have preconceived ideas as who they want to employ and this has not only happened to me but also to members of my own family. With the keratoconus condition I know that people suffering with this condition cannot be discriminated against.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”