Solutions

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

delboy
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Solutions

Postby delboy » Mon 08 Aug 2011 10:36 am

i found the Baush and lomb gloopy as well (is gloopy a word :-) ) so dont use it now i clean and soak over night with focus aqua all in one. last week i went to A&E and got 2 boxes of celluvisc which seems really helpful during the day. The doc also gave me a gel Lacri-Lube to put in the eye at night this seems to have made a difference.

sophietw
Optometrist
Optometrist
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC
Vision: I don't have KC

Postby sophietw » Mon 08 Aug 2011 10:47 am

There's a solution called Menicare Plus (made by Menicon) which is an RGP solution and has a much less gloopy consistancy than Boston/B+L/Boots. It's good stuff, and my patients seem to get on with it well. The only trouble is not many places stock it, but I'm pretty sure you can buy it online.

Alternatively, it's a little known fact that you can actually use soft lens solutions with RGP lenses, with no problems. They are much more watery, which some people prefer. Just make sure you keep using an RGP cleaner for cleaning, and store in the soft solution overnight for disinfecting and inserting.
email: sophie@brightoncontactlensclinic.co.uk

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Fri 12 Aug 2011 5:19 pm

Hi! I love Boston but will pick up any wetting solution if I run out and don't have a problem. My eyes do get very dry as well so I use Systane morning and night, 10 mins before I put lenses in. I clean my RGP with Boston cleaner and rinse it with saline before I soak in in wetting and disinfection solution. The saline is very cheap and will save you loads on wetting solutions as you are only using it to rinse the cleaner off! I always make sure to clean my lens in my palm and don't use the 'all in one' solutions as they aren't able to wash everything off. I use AOSept for my soft lens for piggy backing.

I would try all of them, I've had 16 years of playing with them to find out what I like! Everyone is different though and I found that I had to change my solutions while pregnant as my eyes dried out even more.

Best of luck with it! Love Claire X x X
Sweet X x X

delboy
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby delboy » Thu 15 Sep 2011 3:58 pm

Today I Got drops called HYABAK seems to help. Anyone else use this? mind you yet another cost of £10.30 for 10ml bottle. I get miffed by these companies earning loads of money out of us Booooooo Hoooooo

Return to “General Discussion Forum”