One month on

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

GrandPaClanger
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

One month on

Postby GrandPaClanger » Fri 03 Jun 2011 6:18 am

Well its been a month now since the transplant. Things still seem to be going well. It was sore on Friday & Saturday. As that was unusual I had it checked out but all is OK and it's been fine this week. Still aches at times but nothing to write home about. Working on a computer all day can't help.

Vision is noticeably better then the other eye uncorrected but nothing really usable. I think that if my contact lens fell out whilst driving I could use the grafted eye to pull up safely.

Only on the steroid drops now 4 times a day. Only thing I can't give up is the plastic eye shield when sleeping. I am scared stupid of rubbing the eye whilst asleep. Need to work on giving it up :)

Ian

DAWNANN
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: On the waiting list for a graft

Re: One month on

Postby DAWNANN » Fri 03 Jun 2011 6:39 am

Hello. I was very interested to read your post. Im 2 weeks on Monday and very nervous. Please keep posting and I will keep reading. No regrets then. I have no idea how long I might be off work but I suppose I will have to go with the flow. Keep well x

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Anne Klepacz » Fri 03 Jun 2011 9:31 am

Good to hear all is going well, Ian. I wore my shield at night for several months on the grounds of 'better safe than sorry'. Didn't give it up until I felt my hands were completely trained to stay away from that eye!
All the best (and to Dawnann).
Anne

Amer
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Other

Postby Amer » Sat 04 Jun 2011 9:23 am

Hi Grandpaclanger,

Good to hear its going well, thats my graft nearly 4 months, still not got any useable vision but like you said its a whole lot better than what it was. when i'm driving if i squint quite a bit i can make out the registration plate of the car in front of me, which might not sound like much but is amazing to me. Can stil get quite bad headaches working at the pc all day though.

Dawnann, hope it all goes well for your transplant, wishing you all the best

Return to “General Discussion Forum”