Letter of thanks

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

GrandPaClanger
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Letter of thanks

Postby GrandPaClanger » Tue 17 May 2011 6:53 pm

Two weeks on and things are going well. I am back at work and have a life back in the evenings. Vision is improving and is better than my other eye without a lens in. Most people cannot tell that I have had anything done (only way you can tell is if I am facing the light). Surprising that I have noticed a view people have avoided eye contact though :D .

I feel that I should write a letter of thanks to the relatives of the donor. i know that I will never know who the donor was but I have no idea where to write to and the hospital didn't help much. Has any one got any experince they can share

Ian

Bob Mason
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC
Vision: I don't have KC

Re: Letter of thanks

Postby Bob Mason » Wed 18 May 2011 4:38 am

Hi Ian

Jackie and I have experience of letters in both directions as we sent letters to the donors of the eyes Jackie received and we got a letter from someone who was helped when my son died and we donated his organs.

The address you want is ;

NHS Blood and Transplant Service
Oak House
Reeds Cresent
Watford
Hertfordshire
WD24 4QN

When you write the letter to the donor family try to keep it to one side of A4 paper. Do not give your address or telephone number and I wouldn't put your surname either. If the donor family want to write back they can do so through the Blood and Transplant service.

Enclose with the letter a separate sheet addressed to the Blood and Transplant service telling them who you are, what you want to do and the date you received your graft. The other details they will want are your full name and address, your date of birth, your NHS number and they also want to know if you want to receive any response from the donor family.

I hope this helps

Bob
Today is not soon enough to do what should have been done yesterday - at least that is what my Granny used to say. Trouble is I need a 26 hr day and a nine day week just to keep up.

GrandPaClanger
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Letter of thanks

Postby GrandPaClanger » Wed 18 May 2011 5:19 am

Thanks for that Bob that's exactly what I needed to know. I have absolutely no idea what to put in the letter but I will work on it. I guess you know better than most what difference  it made. 

Glad to hear Jackie is getting on better. I am sure you will get there in the end.

All the best
Ian 

Return to “General Discussion Forum”