shaking vision

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Dave Dale
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

shaking vision

Postby Dave Dale » Mon 11 Jul 2005 5:01 pm

Quick question to hopefully dimiss my fears!

Today in my left eye only my vision went slighly shaky with a pulsing sensation in my eye. It was only a slight shake left to right but was noticeible. It lasted for about 30secs and worried me for a bit?

Could it be a trapped nerve type thing?

Cheers,

Dave.
The only thing permanent in life is change!

GarethB
Ambassador
Ambassador
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby GarethB » Tue 12 Jul 2005 7:28 am

Hi Dave,

I have experienced a similar thing, but only when I am tierd but desperatly refusing to give in to sleep!

Never worried about it as it only happens when I am tierd, especialy mental tierdness. Different to tierd eyes or physical tierdness.

Gareth
Gareth

Lynn White
Optometrist
Optometrist

Postby Lynn White » Tue 12 Jul 2005 10:07 pm

Hi Dave....

Hmmm methinks you worry a lot about your eyes! I, like Gareth, have had this same thing.. usually when very tired but occasionally just out of the blue. Its basically muscle fatigue - like your legs muscles twitching and shaking if you run a lot. And yes you can get it just in one eye...

Thing is... the eyes are basically imperfect optical instruments as they are biological. Thus the brain has its work cut out trying to ignore all the imperfections and if you actually start to try be over aware of your eyes, you start to "see" things that the brain would normally ignore.. like the circulation of blood in your retinas, floaters etc....

So don't fret!

Lynn

Asif
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Asif » Fri 15 Jul 2005 4:41 pm

Dave

I had the same problem in my left eye where it would give a pulsating sensation but only occured in the absence of a CL and was constant whether the eye was tired or not. I did not tend to worry about it as I just felt it may have been due to the progression the keratoconus in my left eye.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”