Cannot get the hang of this!!!

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Cannot get the hang of this!!!

Postby Sweet » Sat 02 Jul 2005 11:33 am

Ok second day and i really don't think i'm quite getting the hang of putting sclerals in at all. Thirty minutes later and i'm still struggling so i've given up for the minute and am going to wear my RGP's instead, which i have been kinda told not to, but it's ok.

So i think i'll try again later

Off to Hyde park now to watch Live 8!! There are hundreds of people there already, and as i only live next door i'm keeping an eye on them and need to get dressed real quick and go join them asap! LOL!! My friends are shouting at me now to dam well hurry up lol, maybe this is the real reason why i can't put these lenses in, it's not good to try it in a rush!!

Have been following Coldplay, Snow Patrol and The Killers since last year so this is going to be so much fun!!! There are so many bands there! Going to go grab some munchies and run! lmao! ... Lenses can wait til i get back i think! LOL!!

Have a good day!

Love Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

Drew Radcliffe
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Drew Radcliffe » Sat 02 Jul 2005 12:15 pm

Hi Sweet

Don't worry you'll get used to it I now find them easier than corneal Lenses to put in.

Guessing your fighting the air bubbles!

Few things I found useful when I started with sclerals

Organise yourself - sit at table at an upright chair lay out all your solutions so they are just at hand and expect to waste a bathfull of amidose a day for the next couple of weeks.

Make sure your chins well tucked in and go for it! I found tucking a penny under my chin helped because you drop it if you lift your head and if you lift your head youll empty the lens of amidose.

I know everyone else on here will chear you on as well.

Take Care

Drewy

Dave Dale
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Re: Cannot get the hang of this!!!

Postby Dave Dale » Sat 02 Jul 2005 4:26 pm

Have been following Coldplay, Snow Patrol and The Killers since last year so this is going to be so much fun!!!

Do we need to inform the Police about this do you think???

Dave ;o)
The only thing permanent in life is change!

Susan Mason
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby Susan Mason » Sat 02 Jul 2005 10:32 pm

Hello Sweet

The sclerals will most likely take you some time to get used to getting them in.

And of course if you are pressured or due to go somewhere this is not really a good thing, well not for me anyway. Even now after nearly 2 years with them if I am due to be somewhere or on the last minute you can bet I will get a silly little bubble or manage to 'blink' one in just before I leave the house, I am sure this must be my special party trick as I can ask my husband or son to check me as bubble free and then 2 mins later I will have one.

Anyway as Drew said expect to use lots of saline and if all else fails lie on your belly on the bed and hang you head over the edge (with or without a balance weight on your legs, small child ideal however, mine tended to do wicked things in this position!)

Well I hope it all goes well and just keep going with it, I found it really frustrating for ages and threw a lot of water at various people (husband) who dared to ask what the problem was.

best wishes

Susan

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Sun 03 Jul 2005 10:11 am

LMAO! Thanks everyone for that!

Drew- Was wondering where you went! Missed talking to you, thought i'd have to go find you in Wales with the physio course hehe, i have a lot of friends there in high places so would find you if i had to!! LMAO!! Hehehe ... sound advice, just i'm not really having trouble with air bubbles, it's more with getting them in the right position in the first place to put them in! Why i'm struggling with that i don't know, as i've never had any trouble putting lenses in before ... oh well PRACTICE lol

Dave ... i see you have recovered to do too much thinking lol! Hehehe ... and now i have turned into a music stalker lol, but i saw them live so i'm more than happy! :lol: BUT, it won't stop me following their preformances lol, well i'm not here in London for nothing am i?!!

Susan, thanks for that. I think it was a silly time to be playing when i needed to race out the door! But girls always seem to have something last minute to do, maybe i should get up earlier lol!

Well ... i think i'd love to go back to bed lol! Haven't slept yet, Live 8 went on until 1am with 60,000 people leaving very drunken and singing lol, but looking now ALL the rubbish has gone already! Wow, little night birds lol!

Haha, a load of us put my tent up in the living room yesterday, well we seemed to have aquired some party people who wanted to watch the show from our flat, and they needed somewhere to stay OBVIOUSLY!

And i needed the practice for next weekend, as off camping with T festival in Scotland. So it seemed like a very good idea at the time, and i'm sure the pics will show that lmao! But ... we all woke up earlier, really hungover to find that we've managed to put it up inside out!! LMAO!! Gee ... alcohol and girls i tell you, maybe they don't mix after all!! But ... it did stay up lol so that's fine, and i can always say that i couldn't see anyway so it wasn't my fault!!!

Hehehe ... it's so dam pretty with flowers all over it i don't want to take it down now!! LOL!! Maybe i can pretend it is part of the furniture haha

Oh well ... am going to finish making brekkie for our new friends, have kinda run out of mugs now after making twelve cups of tea! Should have been charging from here really as from this high we had a great view and now i'm cooking bacon and eggs (or i will be when my brother in law returns with provisions lol) Anyone else want anything while i'm in the kitchen?!!!

Talk soon when i've recovered!
A tired and very hungover little sweetie who has decided to leave lenses out for today LMAO!
Sweet X x X

Return to “General Discussion Forum”