BEST WAY TO WASH EYES WITH KC

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

HARRY

BEST WAY TO WASH EYES WITH KC

Postby HARRY » Fri 01 Jul 2005 11:43 am

HELLO PEOPLE
HOPE YOU ARE ALL WELL?
CAN ANYONE HELP ME?
I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE BEST WAY TO WASH YOUR EYES IN THE MORNING OR AFTER A WORK OUT AS THEY REALLY STING AND I ALWAYS END UP RUBBING THEM(CANT HELP IT)

PLEASE COULD YOU HELP,SHOULD I USE SPECAIL SOLUTION OR HOT OR COLD WATER?

I REALLY DO NOT KNOW.

HOPE TO HEAR FROM YOU GUYS SOON.
THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE
YOU ARE NEVER ALONE,SO DO NOT SUFFER IN SILENCE.........

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Fri 01 Jul 2005 2:31 pm

Well.....getting water in your eyes is inevitable when you have a shower/bath; however one thing that I have always been told is NEVER to wash contact lenses with water...due to various organisms present that can cause serious problems and loss of sight in the eye.

Seems to be contradictory as every single person gets water in there eyes when they wash to some degree or the other. However, as we have KC its best not to use that logic in this case.............I generally boil water let it cool down and use that if I need to cool/rinse the eyes, on a day to day basis I use sterile saline in the morning if I feel the need.....
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -
(C) Copyright 2005 KP

Dave Dale
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Dave Dale » Fri 01 Jul 2005 2:49 pm

Thats interesting Jay,,,,how do you use the Saline? Just pour into eyes as a flush?

Dave.
The only thing permanent in life is change!

jayuk
Ambassador
Ambassador

Postby jayuk » Fri 01 Jul 2005 2:59 pm

Dave

Yes, right now just using the Amidose. If I need to clear or clean it..rather than touch it and itch etc I just pour about 1/3 of amidose over the eye.......but I put the amidose / saline in the fridge..so it actually feels really refreshing.

There was another company which makes Saline, unbuffered, I think I rem John mentioning it?...they come in small disposable plastic packs.

Im just really concious now of touching my eyes, I haven't touched my other grafted eye for about 10 weeks now.....and I dont think I ever will unless I have to wear a soft lens in it...as fear of infection etc....plus with the sterile amidose you have the comfort of knowing that its safe etc
KC is about facing the challenges it creates rather than accepting the problems it generates -

(C) Copyright 2005 KP

paula hardman
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Postby paula hardman » Mon 04 Jul 2005 12:31 pm

Jayuk's very right to warn against washing your face with tap water when wearing contacts. There was a government health warning about this a year or so ago - there can be parasites in the water that may be trapped by the lens.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”