non eye related! Tonsilitus!

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Sat 02 Jul 2005 10:34 am

Ok .... sshhh here because i didn't say this lol! But abx and drink will not do any harm, it's just that they won't work as well! LOL!! You won't have any adverse reaction with drinking alcohol, but you will slow down their effectiveness. So by the time you take the next dose they would have to build themselvres up again, which would mean that the course might not kill all the infection.

On finishing the course there is no real reason why after about 4-6 hours you can't drink. Yes it takes up to three days to build up enough to work, but that's because you are building up antibodies and the drug itself from scratch. You should have this by the time you finish the course and all the bugs should be killed!

If you are feeling better and you don't have a temperature then the abx's have more than likely done their job. So about 4-6 hours will let them leave your system and you will be fine.

Also one glass won't really make much difference, we are talking more along the lines of excessive drinking! But if we told patients to drink mildly why do we get the feeling that most wouldn't know what we meant! So saying not to drink is an easier way to make sure that abx have the time to work!

Ok ... going back to KC now lmao!!

Take care

Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

Dave Dale
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby Dave Dale » Sat 02 Jul 2005 4:22 pm

Well, sound advice me thinks!

I will leave it for a day after the course has finished to make sure my body squeezes the last blood from the final abx pill that I will take 2mrw morning...just to make sure!

Them Monday night I'm defo having that glass of red wine...well you know Mondays are like!

Cheers,

Dave.
The only thing permanent in life is change!

Sweet
Committee
Committee
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Postby Sweet » Sun 03 Jul 2005 1:30 pm

LMAO!

Have one for me as well!!!

Sweet X x X
Sweet X x X

Return to “General Discussion Forum”