Help!!!! Kerasoft Lenses

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

matt28
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC

Re: Help!!!! Kerasoft Lenses

Postby matt28 » Wed 23 Feb 2011 5:21 pm

hi , i too have gone from rgp's to kerasoft lenses , there so much more comfy to wear all day and seem to give myself better vision than what i achieved with rgp's....they may not work for all but you dont know untill you try :D

Kezia
Contributor
Contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Spectacles

Postby Kezia » Sun 05 Jun 2011 11:55 am

Hey Guys,

Finally got my lenses after three months...the lenses took a very long time to arrive here in Trinidad. However, it hasn't been as fantastic as I thought they would be. I am seeing blurry, I was told this would get better though. I am not able to read words that I would usually be able to read with my glasses. Maybe Lynn White can give some advice here...please help...will my vision get better with the lenses?

Lynn White
Optometrist
Optometrist

Postby Lynn White » Sun 05 Jun 2011 1:40 pm

Kezia

There are a few reasons why vision in the final lenses are not as good as at the fitting, which can apply to any contact lens type. One issue might be that the lenses need to settle down a bit, another that perhaps you need time for your eyes to learn to work together. Looking at the information you gave us, I suspect that, in spectacles, you have been relying on the right eye only (as they were talking about a graft in the left eye). In lenses you will have input from both eyes now and this can be very confusing for the brain to cope with. Often, the vision from the eye that hasn't seen well for a long time can completely overwhelm the vision in the good eye causing blurred vision.

As always, in this situation, if things do not settle you need to talk to the optometrist who fitted you and get him/her to explain things more. Also, it would help to know which version of KeraSoft you have been fitted with. I know Trinidad has KeraSoft 2 and 3, but I am not sure if they have the KeraSoft IC yet.

Let me know how you get on!

Lynn
Lynn White MSc FCOptom
Optometrist Contact Lens Fitter
Clinical Director, UltraVision

email: lynn.white@lwvc.co.uk

Return to “General Discussion Forum”