Corneal transplant in 2 weeks

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

GrandPaClanger
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Corneal transplant in 2 weeks

Postby GrandPaClanger » Tue 22 Feb 2011 12:53 pm

Glad things are going well. Any problems feeling the stitches that's the bit i fear the most TBH.

Seems as though the distance is the deciding factor and the fact they need to see you the next day. When I asked the question he looked at my notes said the name of the town and you can go home. I am 12 miles away. Think I may pull a sickie and see if I can stay in :)

Keep those feet up :)

Ian

dweezil1968
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby dweezil1968 » Sun 27 Mar 2011 6:35 pm

Hi
there is a lively group on Facebook if you are interested for support and advice, with KC folk from all over the world
http://www.facebook.com/KeratoconusGB

plus we are on Twitter too follow us @keratoconusGB

many of us have had grafts, CXL, all types of lens

cheers

Amer
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Other

Postby Amer » Tue 26 Apr 2011 1:46 pm

Hi ppl,

Just a wee update, been to my third post op appointment and all looks well. I have went from counting to fingers to being able to read 2 lines off the chart via pinholes. Never been able to do that before lol :D

Back at work as well but really bad headaches after a few hours so have been finishing up early every day. Is mainly pc work that i do and i know sittng looking at a screen all day is not good but i do take regular breaks. Not had an issue with light sensitivity in the tradtional manner either. pre op the scarring in my eye made me close that eye automaticaly, but now i don't feel it to be too bright in the same way, but if i am out in sunlight for too long then i do get a sore head. Thinking maybe i should start wearing my shades in the office too as it does get a fair amount of sunlight. Anyone else had the same problem of headaches after a transplant. My GP suggested that i take paracetamol, but i don't really want to take 8 paracetamol daily as that can't be too good for your liver and the headache is a way to judge when i am spending too long at a screen. Any ideas anyone ??

Rock and a hard place methinks

I know its worth it, but i could so do without the headaches :?

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee

Postby Anne Klepacz » Wed 27 Apr 2011 11:09 am

Hi Amer,
Good to hear things are going well.
I was certainly much more light sensitive for a few months after each op, and wore sunglasses all the time.
Hope things settle down for you soon.
Anne

Return to “General Discussion Forum”