Toric ICL

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Heppy
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Toric ICL

Postby Heppy » Wed 18 Jan 2012 7:56 pm

Hi

It will be getting done to my eye which had a graft done about 9 years ago. Hope this is the breakthrough I've waited so long for!

Cheers

Heppy

Postby Heppy » Wed 25 Jul 2012 4:35 pm

Hi folks

I had my ICL put in my left eye at end of January and the result is fantastic. First off the recovery time is only a few weeks and I have gone from only seeing fingers in front of me to the fourth or fifth line on the chart. It also gives me this vision all day as no lenses to struggle with.

I am now waiting for a graft on my right eye as I have some bad scarring on the cornea but at least I have decent unaided vision now.

Paul

dplees
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby dplees » Sat 04 Aug 2012 1:23 am

Hi happy,

Could you possibly share details of the clinc that you went to for icl treatment?

Many thanks

Heppy

Postby Heppy » Tue 28 Aug 2012 8:57 pm

Hi there

I see dr Srinivasan at Ayr hospital as he is the best in the country with corneal stuff! You can only get the op done privately at a cost of around £2500 but worth every penny! The op itself wasn't very comfortable but recovery time is very quick and no stitches are involved!

Any more questions please ask

Paul

tinano
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby tinano » Mon 24 Sep 2012 3:37 am

Heppy wrote:Hi

I am new here as I was trying to find info on people's experience. Anyway a week on Monday I will be getting an ICL topic lens implant in my left eye. My doctor says it should improve vision by about 85% which would make such a difference to my life.

For those interested the op is not covered by nhs and is costing me £2600 per eye.

Cheers
Paul

lens implant have some risk that your eye may get even more damaged which can lead to more serious problems like glaucoma, retinal complications, cataracts, an inflamed iris or what is known as uveitis, a cataract, or corneal decomposition. What is more,Just like all surgical procedures, your eyes can get infected after the operation. Moreover, this infection can get even more complicated.Night vision and glare can be a problem when the lens are in place.

dplees
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby dplees » Sat 06 Oct 2012 8:11 am

I shall hopefully be having IOLs next year. I have done a fair amount of reading into the risks and they do seem minimal. There are some good youtube videos of the op - the op is about 30mins long and looks a lot more involved than tratment which i've already had - ie cxl and intacs and punctal plugs and ducts cauterized. I will therefore be asking for general anesthetc

http://www.revophth.com/content/d/cover ... 4/c/25442/ . One aspect which i have been reading about are the affects of tocic IOLs on higher order aberrations. I have good VA, but like most keratoconics/pmds, i suffer from glare and ghosting. I have read and been told that after the IOL i maybe HOA free - but there are no guarantees. Could someone that has had IOL or ICL treatment please comment on your experience with glare and ghosting post op?

Many thanks

Heppy

Postby Heppy » Thu 24 Jan 2013 8:42 pm

Hi there

In respect of glare and ghosting the only problems I have are at night which was the same prior to the ICL and also in low light conditions I find it hard.

In general it was well worth getting done as my eyes have no stresses put on them like before with contact lens where I only had vision for part of the day and the rest of the day had tired irritated eyes.

liam82
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: I'm coping with no aids

Postby liam82 » Fri 25 Jan 2013 3:08 pm

It depresses me greatly that I cant get an implantable lens. Apparently my eye is too shallow or something.

itansey
Contributor
Contributor
Vision: Spectacles

Postby itansey » Tue 03 Dec 2013 3:19 pm

Hi All,

I had my yearly checkup with the centre for sight in London and was told that i could get Toric ICL done on both eyes if i want. I'm keen to learn more from those that got it done. The cost is also an issue at £3,450 per eye, not cheap.

Thanks,

Ian

Return to “General Discussion Forum”