Synergeyes ClearKone

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Synergeyes ClearKone

Postby Anna Mason » Wed 17 Nov 2010 12:09 pm

My Synergeyes ClearKone lens arrived yesterday. At the time of typing I have been wearing it for two and a quarter hours.

I will take it out now if I can and pop it back in later on. I am more aware of it than my Softperm but not as aware as when I first put it in.
More importantly I got it in first time.

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Re: Synergeyes ClearKone

Postby Anna Mason » Wed 17 Nov 2010 12:37 pm

Eargh!! Eye is fine but it took me ages to get the lens out. Thank goodness I have internet I had been told how to remove and done successfully at Clinic but it took a Crow Bar and a full squad of Rugby players. Frightened myself a bit still nothing ventyured as they say!

garlnt

Postby garlnt » Wed 17 Nov 2010 4:58 pm

hey, can u tell me which lenses have u used previously?

how is this lens than other?

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Anna Mason » Thu 18 Nov 2010 9:41 am

Hiya in the past historically I have had small rgp's and tried a Rose K and they were the contact lenses from hell. Every ounce of dust in the atmosphere was sucked under them.

16 years ago I was fitted with CIBA visions Softperm and they were fantastic I learnt to drive something I never thought I would be able to do. Now Softperm are being withdrawn I am jogging barefoot up the cobbled road that is new lens fitting.

We abandoned Jack Allens and Today is Day 2 of ClearKone. Yesterday I put it in first go. Today I tried first attempt at 9.30 got it in wrong and am having a break and will have another go in a minute.

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Anna Mason » Thu 18 Nov 2010 10:09 am

Ok now watched Synergeyes video very useful lens reinserted at 10.00 am.

Towel on loo seat (we dont have a table near a sink) knelt in fron t and rinsed lens in palm of hand as demonstrated. Balanced lens on two fingers. Straight in after a small hiccup.

Two sihes I wish my second finger wasnt so much longer than my index and I wish I bit my nails more.

Using AOSEPT to disinfect and Sensitive Eyes Plus as Saline.

Did two hours yesterday trying for 4 today.

Lizb
Forum Stalwart
Forum Stalwart
Vision: Spectacles

Postby Lizb » Thu 18 Nov 2010 11:06 am

Not sure how you were advised to take these lenses out, but i found when i tried them they were stuck to my eye like glue with the way i was shown to take them out, but was recommended i tried taking them out more like soft lenses rather than pinching them out with the top and bottom lids. When i queried with my contact lens provider this option she was happy for me to try (didnt think that it woudl do any damage). I found that this was a lot easier to break the "seal", then i could pop them out the way i had been shown.
Life is too short for drama & petty things!
So laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly!

I´m not strange, I´m just not normal

Every sixty seconds you spend angry, upset or mad is a full minute of happiness you never get back

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Anna Mason » Thu 18 Nov 2010 11:30 am

Ooh thank you do you mean you use your lids to push them out. Yesterday I felt like I was gouging my eye out.

When you are wearing them do you use any drops I have been using Allergan Refresh contacts with my Softperm and have been unsure as tio wether thes are ok with ClearKone.

eyepod
Contributor
Contributor

Postby eyepod » Thu 18 Nov 2010 11:29 pm

Hi,

I have a Synergeyes lens in one eye (not a ClearKone but I'm thinking the overall design is similar?). I normally support it on three fingers, fill it with solution and pop it in my eye over a mirror lying flat on my dining table. As for removal, I find that if my eye is too wet (e.g. if I've recently inserted drops) it's more tricky to remove. I normally nudge it slightly off-centre and then gently grab it and it comes out no problem. I have had the lens for nearly a year now and I have to say that the comfort levels have improved greatly and normally I can wear all day with excellent comfort. I use Clinitas Soothe to re=wet during the day. All the best!

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Anna Mason » Fri 19 Nov 2010 9:50 am

Thanks for that just wishing I had shorter nails. Havent started yet today did 10 til 1.30 yesterday.

May put my old softperm in first today. I am an Artist and cant concentrate when I am playing the lens wearing game.

I'll google Clinitas soothe.

Anna Mason
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby Anna Mason » Sun 21 Nov 2010 6:03 pm

Ok its Sunday (I know this because my computer told me).

I have had a better day with the ClearKone today currently 4 hours and no discomfort apart from drying out a bit. I am using Refresh Contacts to assist and only used a couple of times today.

The vision needs a bit of tweaking and I am getting better at taking out. 6th December I go back to be checked on.

Hope they can tweak a bit because I wouldnt drive with this vision and I do with my softperm.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”