Money for charities at Christmas

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Elizabeth Mair
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Money for charities at Christmas

Postby Elizabeth Mair » Sun 31 Oct 2010 7:36 pm

I'm sure other work places/friend groups or even families decide to donate to a charity rather than send loads of Christmas cards. My work place is deciding which charity to support this year - we all nominate a charity and the one with the most votes gets our Christmas card money.We send one Christmas card to work instead of giving everybody a card and the rest of the money saved goes to our charity.

Make sure that if you are in this situation that you remember the Keratoconus group.Alternately suggest that your colleagues do this for a change - saves time writing and shopping for Christmas cards too.

If you have a Secret Santa too, you could maybe encourage your person to give you a Charity donation for KC rather than give you something that you may not want/need.

Just some ideas to raise money for the KC group. We are planing the next conference plus producing the last DVD so we always need money, so that we can keep our members informed about KC developments.

Andrew MacLean
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Other

Re: Money for charities at Christmas

Postby Andrew MacLean » Mon 01 Nov 2010 7:09 am

Does the Group offer 'virtual gifts' in the same way as other charities. You know, one of those cards that say 'A donation has been made in your name to <name of charity>?

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

Return to “General Discussion Forum”