Worried about work

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

chris1972as
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: On the waiting list for a graft

Worried about work

Postby chris1972as » Sun 24 Oct 2010 2:52 pm

I was also wondering what I should do regards my employers, basically they are very understanding and supportive but I worry because we have a strict quality process and they do not like mistakes as I work on a production line and sometimes if not often I do suffer with the ghost vision and find I can have a bad day, not forgetting my eye sight is 6-18 left and 6-12 right with my lenses in, should I make them more aware of my eye vision? But If I do would it be used against me? :?

Elizabeth Mair
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Worried about work

Postby Elizabeth Mair » Mon 25 Oct 2010 8:50 pm

Just wondering if you have downloaded the KC leaflet for employers from this website. This might make them more aware of your needs.
Due to legislation like the Disability discrimination Act you should be protected at work, but this doesn't mean that employers cant be difficult. I think it is best to keep your employer informed.Through Access to work you can get your work area assessed and they would recommend any adjustments needed to enable you to continue working.(can find out about this at your local Job centre if you don't want to ask your employer or Personel directly)

Return to “General Discussion Forum”