RGP LENSES

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

qwerty240886
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: I'm coping with no aids

RGP LENSES

Postby qwerty240886 » Tue 19 Oct 2010 6:40 am

Good afternoon!
I have some problems with wearing RGP lenses on my right eye. When i wear 1 lens on my right eye, and close left eye - i see 100%. But if i open both eyes - me right eye with lens can see almost nothing - everything is very blury and not focesed. I tryed to wear my lens for hole day during a week, but it did not help. Could you help me - what is the problem?

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: RGP LENSES

Postby Anne Klepacz » Tue 19 Oct 2010 9:54 am

I don't think anyone can give you an answer without looking at your eyes and the fit of the lenses! Do go back to your optometrist and tell them about the problem. Are you wearing just one contact lens? I think most people find it easier to wear a lens in both eyes, even if one has almost no power on it.
Anne

qwerty240886

Postby qwerty240886 » Tue 19 Oct 2010 10:51 am

Anne,thanks for advice. I wear only one lens, and can not wear the second one because of heiz after cross-linking on the other eye. And my optometrist said - you have to wait, while your second eye will be ok, but it when it can happened - only God knows. May be there is another option...

Anne Klepacz
Committee
Committee

Postby Anne Klepacz » Tue 19 Oct 2010 11:31 am

So what you're seeing is the haze from the left eye. Hopefully it will clear soon, but meantime if you persevere with the lens in the other eye, you should find that your brain adjusts and blocks out the vision from the 'bad' eye. All the best
Anne

qwerty240886

Postby qwerty240886 » Tue 19 Oct 2010 11:46 am

Yes i undestand that my brain blocks the bad eye. But when i am in lens, my brain should block not this eye - there is 100% vision in lens, so it is hard to tell - the bad eye. That is the strange.

melissa
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby melissa » Wed 20 Oct 2010 12:10 pm

the brain sometimes takes time to adjust.... maybe that is the problem. how long have you had the lens in the right eye? do you wear it most of the time?

i only wear a lens in one eye. so as not to confuse my brain i often close that eye if i am not wearing the lens- otherwise my brain will struggle to organise the messages it is getting

qwerty240886

Postby qwerty240886 » Wed 20 Oct 2010 1:28 pm

I tried to wear only 2-3 times during all day. Do not have any discomfort, exect this. Very strange problem, no info in internet, Will try to get my optometrist.Think i am alone with this problem ) Thanks for advices!

Return to “General Discussion Forum”