Alcohol delamination

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

GrandPaClanger
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Graft(s) and contact lenses

Re: Alcohol delamination

Postby GrandPaClanger » Thu 21 Oct 2010 8:25 pm

I know what you mean Anne. I will see what I feel like on Saturday. I will only try it for a couple of hours or less if necessary. When ever I  do it I have a feeling it will be like playing Russian roulette every time I take the lens out. I'll have to make sure  I put lots of drops in just before taking it out. 

That cream is strange stuff. It is designed to pull fluid out of the cornea (hence the sodium (salt))  made things a bit sore today.

Ian

melissa
Chatterbox
Chatterbox

Postby melissa » Fri 22 Oct 2010 9:56 am

Shame sorry Ian... there is a way through this all... it is just not a straight road, but at least there are all the people on this site to help along the way!!! although there are never any guarantees- my RH graft has literally changed my life for the better.... they need not be dreaded- they are often very successful...

GrandPaClanger

Postby GrandPaClanger » Fri 22 Oct 2010 11:41 am

Thanks everyone for your support. I agree Melissa the only way is up. My brother had a graft 20 years ago (he had KC to) and he says its the best thing he ever did. At the same time I appreciate that this is not always the case and I send positive vibes to all those going through a tough time.

It was a nice moonlit night last night so I took the opportunity to look at it without the lens in . I counted 36 moons arranged in the three over lapping circles of 12. I am going to try and it replicated in Photoshop over the weekend. :D :D

Return to “General Discussion Forum”