boston enzymatic cleaner in uk?

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

drink
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

boston enzymatic cleaner in uk?

Postby drink » Thu 09 Sep 2010 8:59 pm

I have been wearing RGP lenses for several years now, and never used an enzyme cleaner (always just cleaned the lens with a cleaner, then stored it in conditioner/disinfectant over night). Recently my left contact lens gets covered in protien (goes cloudy), so im looking into getting an enzyme cleaner. I usually use Boston bausch and lomb conditioner and cleaner, so figured id get a boston enzyme cleaner. Ive searched and searched online but cannot find it for sale here in UK (only on US sites).

Is there anywhere in UK i can buy this stuff? if not, any other recommendations from anyone who have experienced this. Something which will work well with bausch and lomb conditioner and cleaner not causing any side effects.

Been liurking on this forum a while, and have to say by reading around there are some very helpful people around here.

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: boston enzymatic cleaner in uk?

Postby Andrew MacLean » Fri 10 Sep 2010 6:10 am

It used to be easier to get all sorts of enzyme cleaner but as time has gone by I have found it harder and harder to source. I'd be interested in the answer to your question, too.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

electricheadx
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby electricheadx » Fri 10 Sep 2010 1:05 pm

This is what i use to clean my RGP's

http://www.menicon.com/menicon-progent.asp

Lenses always look pristine when they come out of the solution.
A word of warning though, It will remove any tint in the lens if left in the solution for to long.

drink
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby drink » Sat 11 Sep 2010 12:05 am

I have found the above recomended here-
http://www.chemistdirect.co.uk/menicon- ... 51160.html

I might give it a go if i cant find the boston stuff for rgp.

Really considering ordering a big batch of it from US (im guessing that is where its made), might help others aswell who have been after some.

Graeme Stevenson
Optometrist
Optometrist
Keratoconus: No, I don't suffer from KC

Postby Graeme Stevenson » Sun 12 Sep 2010 11:58 am

I am a huge fan of Progent. It is amongs the best if not THE best intensve cleaner I have come across. It seems to return lenses to close to new condition.
If anyone woul like any further information on how to get free samples feel free to PM me.

drink
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby drink » Fri 17 Sep 2010 9:45 pm

Graeme Stevenson wrote:I am a huge fan of Progent. It is amongs the best if not THE best intensve cleaner I have come across. It seems to return lenses to close to new condition.
If anyone woul like any further information on how to get free samples feel free to PM me.

Tried this stuff last night, and have to say WOW! The lenses as said above by Graeme, they are like new now! I had a hazy build up of protien on my left lens now for quiet some time, for a good few months. The lens became very irritating and very uncomfortable. Now after i used the Progent cleaner, all that hazy bulid up was gone!!!all in 25 minutes lol. The lenses i have noticed both are much more comfortable now, and the vision seems much more clearer too!

Id give it a 10/10 and would recommend this to all RGP wearers.
If you have recently found your lenses are not comfortable as they use to be, or eyes feeling itchy like mine did. It may be due to protien and dirt firmly stuck to lens. Try this cleaner I am very very immpressed by it!!!

I should have taken a Before and After picture of my lenses. The left lens had hazy build of protien all the way around the edge, which the boston cleaner couldnt remove. After dipping them in progent for 25minutes all is gone and ike new again! 8)

electricheadx
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby electricheadx » Wed 06 Oct 2010 6:29 am

Its pretty amazing stuff for sure. Glad to hear its sorted your lenses out for you.

Denis.

maltez

Postby maltez » Thu 14 Oct 2010 8:56 pm

Hey guys,

I'm just moved to the UK and I really can't figure out where to buy the Menicon Progent :( it's quite urgent, so I'd be really happy about a quick reply!

Cheers,
Malte

electricheadx
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby electricheadx » Fri 15 Oct 2010 2:36 pm

maltez

Postby maltez » Fri 15 Oct 2010 2:40 pm

It's 8 pounds extra, that's quite annoying isn't it....but thanks for the reply! I suggest there are no highstreet opticians selling progent in their stores? In Germany, they do :roll:

Return to “General Discussion Forum”