Accounts examiner required

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

Matt Allgood
Committee
Committee

Accounts examiner required

Postby Matt Allgood » Mon 06 Sep 2010 8:41 pm

Calling all KC Group members that are accountants or charity finance workers..

As you may be aware, the KC Group is a 'cross border' charity so has to produce accounts that meet the requirements of the Charity Commission, and Office of the Scottish Charity Regulator (OSCR).

Unfortunately, OSCR's threshold for independent examination of accounts starts at annual income of £5,000 plus (whereas the Charity Commission's threshhold is £25K), so we are required to have an accounts examination in most years. Unfortunately, our usual examiner is shortly moving to New York to live and work, so I figured that there might be someone among our 2,000 strong membership that could conduct the examination instead.

Ordinary members of the KC Group are permitted by the charity regulators to conduct an accounts examination. Examiners need to have a finance background and/or knowledge of charity accounts. The examination itself involves comparison of a selection of receipts and payments with the accounting records and (in effect) signing that the accounts represent a correct record. Full details and records will of course be provided.

Please let me know whether or not you can assist, by PM reply.

Many thanks

Matthew Allgood
Treasurer
KC Group
"It takes so long, and so much work, to achieve simplicity." (Alfred Hitchcock, 1977)

kwasiy
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: Contact lenses

Re: Accounts examiner required

Postby kwasiy » Fri 10 Sep 2010 8:32 pm

Hi i am a part qualified certified accountant and would like to become the accounts examiner.Attached to this is my cv for your consideration.

Return to “General Discussion Forum”