One Year On.......

General forum for the UK Keratoconus and self-help group members.

Click on the forum name, General Discussion Forum, above.

Moderators: Anne Klepacz, John Smith, Sweet

optom
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Keratoconus: Yes, I have KC
Vision: On the waiting list for a graft

One Year On.......

Postby optom » Wed 23 Jun 2010 4:36 pm

Hi guys ,how is the Summer treating you all. have not been on in ages with the end of term and life in Uni . Ihad my one year mile stone for my graft operation on the 16th of June. Can not believe a year has gone by MADNESS!!! While i have had little to no trouble with the graft i cant help but feel my sight and all the rest is the exact same as it was this time last year about one week after the surgery .

Just wondering what sort of things were others experiencing on their one year birthdays with their grafts.

Also on that same day i got my Optometry degree results and finished with FIrst class honors second highest in my year , the things we can achieve is unbelievable guys :)

optom

Andrew MacLean
Vision: Other

Re: One Year On.......

Postby Andrew MacLean » Wed 23 Jun 2010 5:18 pm

First things first:

Congratulations on your outstanding degree results, and every good wish for your future.

Secondly, my first anniversaries of my grafts passed uneventfully, and largely unnoticed. I can't believe that's uyour first year gone by.

Every good wish.

Andrew
Andrew MacLean

optom
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby optom » Wed 23 Jun 2010 7:26 pm

Andrew no need for the bold massive blue writing but i loved it hahaahahahahaha. thanks for your wishes .
i had a cake a drinks and drinks and the works hehehehe

Yet at the same time i was very very conscious that it was likely the first anniversary of a loved one passing for some family in this world, and to them I will be forever in debt .

Asif
Regular contributor
Regular contributor
Vision: Graft(s) and spectacles

Postby Asif » Fri 25 Jun 2010 11:21 pm

My LE I had a PK and it was about 18 months until I could get a reasonable refraction. My RE I had a DALK and it took about 10 months. However the refraction and VAs would fluctuate.

Congrats on the degree, guess you have your pre-reg year to look forward to now, if you need any pointers let me know

optom
Regular contributor
Regular contributor

Postby optom » Sat 26 Jun 2010 10:55 pm

Hi Asif, I got my degree in Dublin so the Irish degree i little different we do four months placement during the degree which is four yrs not three, i m taken my POE'S next week any pointers for them would be very welcome????

crakerjacker
Chatterbox
Chatterbox
Vision: Other

Postby crakerjacker » Sun 04 Jul 2010 6:00 pm

I am 18 months post graft and my sight is exactly the same so i shall join you in your boat. Think I am having a permanent contact lens inserted at some point as my astigmatism is so bad

Return to “General Discussion Forum”